Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
cmoroney
macrumors newbie

iPhoto vs. Aperture vs. Lightroom

I'm currently using iPhoto for my rapidly expanding collection of pictures and am very satisfied with it, except for the fact that I've had to split my collection into many different libraries due to size constraints, and there's no way to make a smart album (say all my 5 star photos) that stretches across the various libraries.

Is there a way in Aperture or Lightroom to make a smart album that will search all the separate albums?

I know that the editing capabilities in Aperture and Lightroom are infinitely better than in iPhoto, but I use Photoshop Elements for that so I really don't care too much about that aspect when choosing a photo manager.

What I'm really looking for is a piece of software that allows me to split up my photos into different libraries and yet be able to create a smart album that crosses the library boundaries. I don't want to create one massive library as it would be very unwieldy and difficult to navigate.

Thanks for any advice,

Catherine
cmoroney is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography