Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jhowland

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
Mine

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-31 at 6.40.42 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-31 at 6.40.42 PM.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 353

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Anyone got any ideas for spicing up the default background in ML? I always like keeping the default for a week or two after the new OS comes out! Maybe putting the time behind the galaxy or something?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Here is my desktop. Still a work in progress, but I think I have most of what I want - at least until tomorrow anyway. :)

This is a combination of Geektool, Dateline, Simple Floating Clock, Yahoo Widgets and Bowtie. I have been tweaking it for the past two and a half months.

The dock is one I found on Deviant art and the menubar is part of a black OSX them which I applied on top of Aquadock's ML theme. I also installed black/dark folder/system icons but you can't see those because I don't have a window open.

My day job is as a graphic designer and I spend a lot of time on my Macs (the one with all this is a 1Ghz 17" PowerBook G4) so I want to "like" my desktop. Part of my time in this was tracking down PowerPC versions of Dateline and Bowtie. I'm using Location X (to switch network locations) and this Mac is mobile so the IPs will change. Consequently, the network info you see here is not static. It will change when I move locations.

Anyway, here it is…

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 518

jephri

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2012
my geektool desktop

geektool___my_week_sorted_by_jephri-d5db3d2.png

Hope you like it. My geektool desktop. Im not a geek. This took me a lot longer than I had originally expected. The main trouble was a weekly weather forecast.

The has since been updated to include geek info for whats playing in itunes, including timeline for track playing.

apologies for the black spots, i had to blank off some details from calender.

Thanks to the web, code was sourced from multiple sites / sources. I tried and tested that many I cant recall what was from where, but nothing has been coded my me (i made a few modifications / amendments to suit my pref / system)

You can ask questions, but as im not a geek please expect basic replies. I work shifts so replies may be delayed / not immediate.

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Here mine I did today with the help of lifehacker. The only issue is that I cant get my trash icon to change. I was having issues with the Finder icon changing to but that resolved itself, im hoping one of you guys can help

Attachments

• Skitch.jpg
    Skitch.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 498

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
is there a good site that teaches how to use geek tool? I've downloaded the app from the app store but I have no idea what to do next

I just want a simple white clock, that's it

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
is there a good site that teaches how to use geek tool? I've downloaded the app from the app store but I have no idea what to do next

I just want a simple white clock, that's it

I just searched YouTube to figure it out. There were a few tutorials on there that were some help. You can also try these links. I found them to be helpful.

http://smokingapples.com/software/tutorials/how-to-geektool-your-mac-to-awesomeness/

http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/geeklets/

http://gigaom.com/apple/getting-started-with-geektool/

Last edited:

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2008
Pretty cool, I thought I would give it a try with weather and after a hour or two playing around and watching a few Youtube videos here is my result

ScreenShot2012-11-22at124713PM.png

romerb2

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
This is an older post, but I just got started with Geektool and I am pretty impressed with the versatility that it has. Here's my contribution to the topic, nothing special, just something that scales easily when I plug into my Thunderbolt Display. Hope you guys like it.

ScreenShot2012-12-10at32240AM.png

Last edited:

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a script that will display emails on my homepage (preferably information like time and subject too) from my inbox matching specific search criteria (In this case the name of my employer). Is anyone aware of anything that could work in this fashion? Cheers!

medic88

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
can anyone help me with changing yahoo weather images to some custom ones please?
cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.