Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zigzagable

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
shadows are usually longer than the than the thing they're shadowing. the 5 is also bigger than the 1 and 2. i think this hints at a taller, bigger screen.

dragje

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I truly hope that Apple will keep their promise to bring a new mac pro close to 2013 or closely after. I'm not at all interested in these toys for kids, I need serious stuff not gadgets like a smartphone which is maybe 10% faster then the previous one.... I really don't give a *censured* about such insignificance details.....

Come on Apple, bring out the real stuff!! Been years since there was a serious update on the mac pro line. Only gadgets like phones, pads..... nice stuff without any doubt but....like I said... come on bring out the real stuff! :mad:

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Very interesting. Was definitely expecting them to follow in the footsteps of the iPad with regards to naming.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Already outdated !!

5? Not 6? It's already a version behind and it hasn't even been released yet. I feel sorry for all the people who pay money for this outdated technology. :D

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I still think it will just be called "the new iPhone". The "5" in the invite will be the five major new features they will discuss at the event.

wenghan1992

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2011
Citation? 3GS the S stood for speed, there is no way the S can stand for Siri on the 3GS as the 3GS didn't get Siri... and I can safely expect a 5S next year too. I think the S cycles are here to stay for quite some time with iPhones.

iPhone 3GS = iPhone 3G[Speed]
iPhone 4S = iPhone 4[Siri]

is different...

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
shadows are usually longer than the than the thing they're shadowing. the 5 is also bigger than the 1 and 2. i think this hints at a taller, bigger screen.

Umm a shadows' length is relative to the source of light causing the shadow...

You've never stood outside at 12pm and seen your shadow appear shorter than you?

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
Ok, so its the iPhone 5 glad to see it get a name. Now when and where can I buy one?

One thing did surprise me though, given Apple's penchant for secrecy and all and the number of leaks I figured they would consider changing the date to the 13th or 10th just to mess with the rumor mill.

Of course it still remains to be seen if the rumored design is in fact what they are going to unveil. Maybe Tim's concept of doubling down was to pay the small sum (millions of dollars) to build and leak out parts in an effort to throw everyone off.

At least we now know when we will all find out.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
my phone is elligible for free upgrade in 2 months time, from a 4th gen iPhone.

i don't want a 6th gen iphone called an iphone 5. it's just gonna feel stupid :(

tanker5

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2011
Hoboken
iOS 6 GM??

So, still no rumors of a Golden Master for iOS 6. I think they might still be 1 or 2 betas away from a Golden Master. Maybe it will not be released to the public on the 12th. Maybe available on the 21st with the phone (or whenever Apple makes the new iPhone available)?? Maybe the phone will ship with iOS 5 and iOS 6 will be released next month with the iPad Mini. Any thoughts??

DamonBowser

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Shadow of 5, but that is a 12. So if the shadow of 12 is 5 then is the shadow of 13 6? Is the shadow of 5 12??? What have you done to our math shadow system apple!!!!!

o0jelly0o

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
I truly hope that Apple will keep their promise to bring a new mac pro close to 2013 or closely after. I'm not at all interested in these toys for kids, I need serious stuff not gadgets like a smartphone which is maybe 10% faster then the previous one.... I really don't give a *censured* about such insignificance details.....

Come on Apple, bring out the real stuff!! Been years since there was a serious update on the mac pro line. Only gadgets like phones, pads..... nice stuff without any doubt but....like I said... come on bring out the real stuff! :mad:

Hardly anyone buys these incredibly expensive, box-looking 'tech spec geek' advanced professional machines. I don't see why they even continue selling them, they must only sell mainly to professionals. 99% of people only need the speed of normal PCs/macs now. Facebook doesn't require much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.