Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
This is why you do not tie to much of your business with Apple as they can and will turn on you at the drop of a hat.

This is why any company is ill advised to put their eggs all into one basket.

Not just Apple's.

Since we do not know the details, as in Apple's why not, what else they have,
their reasons etc. I think it's not necessary to fault them for this.

We can be sure they researched it all and it also looks like they kind of know what they want to do!

Taking Audience's product isn't it for now.

Apple's right to decide, not MR posters!

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
They made technology for the OEM without knowing whether or not it would be used? That's risky. Sometimes, it burns.

----------

except that it's STILL in beta

that irks me and it's constantly used as an excuse

Apple advertises for a beta feature on their iPhone 4S. Total BS. And their ads are never good anyway. "Hey look, some celebrity you don't give a @#$% about is using Siri to do dumb tasks that you can usually do faster by hand." And to add to the BS, Siri was already an app on the iPhone 4, and now the iPhone 4 suddenly can't support Siri because of "lack of good hardware." Yeah right, more like lack of new and recently paid-for hardware.

I think all of my classmates disabled Siri because it's almost useless and sometimes goes off in class since they didn't disable the "raise to talk" feature.

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
They're saving it for the iPhone 5S next year. They don't put all their eggs in one basket and the iPhone 5 has enough as is to drive sales.

Enough as it is to drive sales?

Extra row of apps...

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gawd... I'm starting to lose it...

Last edited:

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
4G LTE? New dock connector? Possible A6 chip?

I am confused by comments like this. Can you enlighten me as to what you expect for a redesign? Or the software update?

Who cares about dock connector? iOS6 - we get that anyway....
give us a *proper* bigger screen for a start.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Extra row of apps...

New design, LTE speed and possibly one more feature, just like the iPhone 3G's new design, 3G speed and A-GPS.

Go ahead and lose it while everyone else gets in line. And they'll get in line again next year for more features in the iPhone 5S.

seh

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Greengrocers' apostrophe

s/device's/devices/

These stories would gain credibility if we could edit them like a Wiki.

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
New design, LTE speed and possibly one more feature, just like the iPhone 3G's new design, 3G speed and A-GPS.

Go ahead and lose it while everyone else gets in line. And they'll get in line again next year for more features in the iPhone 5S.

It's amazing how for some people, apple can never do wrong - and will justify everything they do (or don't do) - good or bad. It's like being in total denial.

It's truly amazing. Maybe apple is your god.

I want this phone to be awesome.
- I truly do.
- I'm hanging out for it.
- I'm jonesin'...
but one thing's for sure, if it's s*it, then it's s*it. And when i say this, I mean for people (like me) who have been waiting for a meaningful upgrade. Even the jump from 4 to 5 (if all these rumors are true) is NOT a significant upgrade.

If people still want to stand in line. That's their prerogative. I'm guessing a lot of iphone newbies might be, and yes it may be exciting for them.
Oh - and for whom apple is their god.

These are just my opinions.

Time will tell... Roll on.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
I always think they're lousy updates- till I use the competition...

So

Why would iPhone 4 owners want an iPhone5

Nothing really new at all here unless Sept 12 proves otherwise.

Pretty bad when my brothers Samsung can get 4G and Im STILL waiting??

I love Apple but come on already the iPhone4S was the lamest update to the iPhone yet.
The iPhone5 has to be... magical, for me to buy :)

I confess- I can't get away from my juvenile years-- back when I had my Windows PC and couldn't help but want all the new "cutting edge" tech inside. My experience with every new iteration of PC? It sucked. Always. Once I got my first Mac in 2007, shortly before the iPhone, I've ALWAYS had the best computer experience with each subsequent upgrade.

Fast forward to 2010 and the iPhone 4 launch- all of Apple's competitors were pumping out bigger screens, turbo charged processors, open battery compartments, an "open" OS-- I was heavily salivating. I finally convinced myself that I was tired of Apple not having the 1GB RAM, quad core processor (a rumor), etc. So I switched to the BEST Android had to offer- the SGSII. I tried convincing myself that the SGSII was a great phone. I took it back for a refund in 3 weeks. Man! That retina screen was revolutionary!!

Then came 2011- the announcement of the 4S, my disappointment, the bitterness after hearing not all much was new, and all the pundits laughing at Apple's "folly". Ok- so NOW I was definitely ready to leave Apple! I mean-- both the Galaxy Nexus AND the Galaxy Note were coming out, and the SGSIII was in the pipe. I knew what the problem was before- I got the US version SGSII with it's gimped processor. I wasn't going to do that again. This time, I dropped $700 on the international version Galaxy Note-- the most revolutionary phone to hit the shelves since iPhone's inception. The phone everyone was raving about-- turns out it was still ****. Sent it back within a month for a refund, and still wanted an upgrade. I decided to head into my local AT&T store and bought the 4S. I can tell you without a doubt-- this phone was still worth every penny!

I thought the iPhone 4 was fast when it first came out, but the 4S tore it to shreds! Siri's useful, not essential. Apple's been pissing me off lately with half-baked launches lately like the glitchy iTunes Match, and the temperamental voice dictation. However, the iPhone STILL blew away the top of the line Android had to offer.

I still find myself griping about the rumors-- feeling like Apple isn't doing enough with their hardware. But then I remember the last 5 years, both pc and mobile phone areas, I'm still always happier with an Apple product. It surely doesn't mean that I'll stop testing out Android's new best to see if they can topple the iPhone, but if an Android experience does surpass an Apple experience, that'll be because Apple failed- not because Android became better.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
4G LTE? New dock connector? Possible A6 chip?

I am confused by comments like this. Can you enlighten me as to what you expect for a redesign? Or the software update?

Well I really want a different shape phone, this will be the 3rd year that the iphone is for all intensive purposes the same look. I really dont like the way the current phone feels in the hand.. its just not that comfortable. There are some great mock ups even from last year that look great.

From a software point of view.. just look at all the awesome things the Galaxy S3 can do... we dont get a half of those capacities with IOS yet.

(If you guys havent seen a demo of it.. check it out, i did recently and I was floored!)

I could totally go back to IOS 3 and it really not matter that much from a feature set standpoint.

I really want to support apple, I just dont feel like they are trying very hard and I dont like that.

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
I confess- I can't get away from my juvenile years-- back when I had my Windows PC and couldn't help but want all the new "cutting edge" tech inside. My experience with every new iteration of PC? It sucked. Always. Once I got my first Mac in 2007, shortly before the iPhone, I've ALWAYS had the best computer experience with each subsequent upgrade.

Fast forward to 2010 and the iPhone 4 launch- all of Apple's competitors were pumping out bigger screens, turbo charged processors, open battery compartments, an "open" OS-- I was heavily salivating. I finally convinced myself that I was tired of Apple not having the 1GB RAM, quad core processor (a rumor), etc. So I switched to the BEST Android had to offer- the SGSII. I tried convincing myself that the SGSII was a great phone. I took it back for a refund in 3 weeks. Man! That retina screen was revolutionary!!

Then came 2011- the announcement of the 4S, my disappointment, the bitterness after hearing not all much was new, and all the pundits laughing at Apple's "folly". Ok- so NOW I was definitely ready to leave Apple! I mean-- both the Galaxy Nexus AND the Galaxy Note were coming out, and the SGSIII was in the pipe. I knew what the problem was before- I got the US version SGSII with it's gimped processor. I wasn't going to do that again. This time, I dropped $700 on the international version Galaxy Note-- the most revolutionary phone to hit the shelves since iPhone's inception. The phone everyone was raving about-- turns out it was still ****. Sent it back within a month for a refund, and still wanted an upgrade. I decided to head into my local AT&T store and bought the 4S. I can tell you without a doubt-- this phone was still worth every penny!

I thought the iPhone 4 was fast when it first came out, but the 4S tore it to shreds! Siri's useful, not essential. Apple's been pissing me off lately with half-baked launches lately like the glitchy iTunes Match, and the temperamental voice dictation. However, the iPhone STILL blew away the top of the line Android had to offer.

I still find myself griping about the rumors-- feeling like Apple isn't doing enough with their hardware. But then I remember the last 5 years, both pc and mobile phone areas, I'm still always happier with an Apple product. It surely doesn't mean that I'll stop testing out Android's new best to see if they can topple the iPhone, but if an Android experience does surpass an Apple experience, that'll be because Apple failed- not because Android became better.

Apple does fail frequently, much like any other company ;)

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
So

I love Apple but come on already the iPhone4S was the lamest update to the iPhone yet.
The iPhone5 has to be... magical, for me to buy :)[/QUOTE

Subtle changes in the phone are fine, but the new hardware, with IOS6 will be the best phone out there. That is why to upgrade.

I don't consider myself a 'fanboy' but I upgrade my phone every 2 years....(Always have) and iPhone has been the best phone for when it is time for me to upgrade.

I do like the direction wp8 with Nokia is going....but I still haven't seen enough to pull the trigger ..yet.

neo666

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
Fair question. First, I want Airplay and mirroring to work independent of an existing wifi. In other words. I want to be on an island with an Airplay speaker or Apple TV and my iPhone send the content without the need of an independent/existing network. I've read that this is rumored (here, I believe). That's a good start. Second, get Siri running better or drop it until it's ready. They rolled it out too soon. Yes, part of Siri is to learn over time and so on and so forth, but I find Siri to be awkward and clunky and not half as useful as the marketing suggests. Third, make the iPhone's Finder capable of digging deeper, like Finder on Mac. Allow it to search inside emails and such. Fourth, allow apps that I choose to run "in full" in the background, not halfway as they do now. Fifth, how about a native turn-by-turn map app? How hard is that for Apple?

Those would make me happy.

Idk if its just iOS 6 but I just search one word I knew was in an email it came up. Turn by turn is in iOS 6 for the 4s. You should read a rumor site (/insult (/joke) )

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Wireless charging without the use of charging mats remains as compelling as ever.

The Nokia Lumia 920 (the phone the original poster I replied to was referring to) does require a charging mat.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
So

The iPhone5 has to be... magical, for me to buy :)

I think you should stick with your iPhone 4, at least for a while. I mean, at least until I get my iPhone 5. Then you can do what you want.

If none of the new features of the iPhone is appealing to you, you've answered your own question. There will be plenty of us who upgrade, and we will most likely be satisfied with our decision (based on past experience).

----------

Apple will make its own 'noise suppression technology' and will sue Audience. :rolleyes:

Why would they sue Audience?

----------

Extra row of apps...

If all you get out of the iPhone 5 is an extra row of apps, you definitely should not get one.

dantist

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2012
So, in conclusion, the iPhone 5 is going to have
  • No Audience-Technology
  • No NFC
  • No wider screen
  • No better uptime
Can't wait for THAT one!

Tomboman

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2006
after hour stock - where?

Hi,
i tried to find a way to see after hours trading from audience - i couldn't find it anywhere...

can you guys help where to look?

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.