Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesP.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
I can't find the settings to undo this, I'm trying to install a few programs I always use.. The unarchiver etc..

Using ML.
Anyone help?
"Program Name" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

EDIT: FOUND A FIX

Found a fix for anyone else.

Bypass temporarily

If you only install unverified applications occasionally you may be interested in the following option. Hold down the Ctrl key before you click on the installer. Select open in the new, and on the next screen open anyway to continue with the installation of the non-verified application.

Disable Gatekeeper in Mac OS X Mountain Lion

To disable the Gatekeeper functionality completely you need to change security settings in the operating system. Open the System Preferences of the operating system, and select Security and Privacy there. Locate the allow applications downloaded from section and switch from the current setting to anywhere to allow all software installations on the operating system.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I can't find the settings to undo this, I'm trying to install a few programs I always use.. The unarchiver etc..

Using ML.
Anyone help?

EDIT: FOUND A FIX

Found a fix for anyone else.

Thanks for this, just got a new iMac and installed Office 2008 but kept getting blocked from installing updates, seems to be working now but I'll probably switch back to App Store/Identified Developers after the updates are done, just to be secure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.