Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Hi,

Just wondering if this is normal. I have a BTO i7/8/256. I've noticed that if I have a couple of non-maximized windows open, side scrolling gets kind of laggy. If I'm scrolling from the main window to the dashboard, I can see the windows sort of stutter as I go by them. I am not doing anything processor intensive at all. Just a couple of windows sitting there.

Is this normal? Is there any sort of fix for it? It's kinda annoying.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
This may be a ML thing, there's quite a few threads about it on the MBP forum for those using the Retina machine.

jgo78

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
yes ! yes ! yes !. I had created a couple posts earlier about this with only a few responding with the same issue. The only thing you can do is hide the dock or maximize your desktops to minimize the issue.

And I did not notice this with Lion, only ML.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
yes ! yes ! yes !. I had created a couple posts earlier about this with only a few responding with the same issue. The only thing you can do is hide the dock or maximize your desktops to minimize the issue.

And I did not notice this with Lion, only ML.

Thank you. I noticed after I posted this that the problem completely disappeared after I hid the dock. It's nice to have some verification. As this is an ML issue, hopefully they'll fix it. I like having the dock visible at all times, though I guess that it's not really a big deal.

jgo78

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Thank you. I noticed after I posted this that the problem completely disappeared after I hid the dock. It's nice to have some verification. As this is an ML issue, hopefully they'll fix it. I like having the dock visible at all times, though I guess that it's not really a big deal.

You're right, it's not a big deal but I admit it's been bugging me a bit more than it should considering how smooth Lion was when I first bought the new Air. I even did a clean install of ML and have the latest updates but it still does this weird 'jittery' thing when side scrolling desktops. I also like to have the dock at the bottom if possible. If you place the dock on the sides, that also seems to minimize the issue but not 100%.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Is there anyone who knows whether this issue was fixed with 10.8.2?

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Eh, just loaded it. It appears a little better, but it is still visible. Back to hiding it, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.