Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodEYEDsniper

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Iowa
I was just coming here to ask that. I hope they do get it. I know some sites said it may be delayed for them because of the remark from the "big 3" but hopefully it is within the month or they atleast announce they will be getting it.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
I was just coming here to ask that. I hope they do get it. I know some sites said it may be delayed for them because of the remark from the "big 3" but hopefully it is within the month or they atleast announce they will be getting it.

yeah I'd have to imagine they gotta start carrying it.

Unless they just love losing money.

:D

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
i thought US cellular was offered the chance to carry the iphone but they rejected it because of the hefty price? it was an article awhile ago

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
yeah I'd have to imagine they gotta start carrying it.

Unless they just love losing money.

:D

Unfortunately, US Cellular seems to be blowing off the iPhone, even though they are losing customers. Let's face it, as much as carriers may not like it, unless they carry the iPhone, they are seen as "less cool." They may find that offering the iPhone even helps them sell more Android phones since it brings people in.

----------

i thought US cellular was offered the chance to carry the iphone but they rejected it because of the hefty price? it was an article awhile ago

Yes. They seem to think that they can stem the tide of postpaid customer losses without it.

goodEYEDsniper

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Iowa

They turned it down because the 4S didn't have LTE and they were currently investing a lot in the technology. They were quoted saying once Apple gives the iPhone LTE they would... or somewhere along those lines.

Sooo fingers crossed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.