Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
OK, it runs a flash animation

Would you be rating this the best site ever from
1) a technical point of view,
2) an artistic point of view, or
3) from a misogynistic "look at the scantily clad simulated female getting bounced around like a pinball and how realistically her limbs and head are bent and twisted from the impacts" point of view?

I would submit that the site does not even come close to the billing that you gave it and I question your motivation in posting this in such a way.

Other MR viewers, although the Flash animation that randomizes and runs this may be technically advanced, the subject matter puts this way over on the creepy-meter. Based on this, and based on the deceptive way (IMO) it was posted, the original poster has lost any credibility with me and is on my ignore list.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
CanadaRAM said:

3) from a misogynistic "look at the scantily clad simulated female getting bounced around like a pinball and how realistically her limbs and head are bent and twisted from the impacts" point of view?

I would submit that the site does not even come close to the billing that you gave it and I question your motivation in posting this in such a way.
best post i have seen in a while!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
evoluzione said:
yeah, ok, she got stuck after a few seconds, am i missing something?
You can throw that scantily-dressed b***h around on the screen with your cursor.

Agreed. This is the best website ever.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
CanadaRAM said:
... although the Flash animation that randomizes and runs this may be technically advanced, the subject matter puts this way over on the creepy-meter. Based on this, and based on the deceptive way (IMO) it was posted, the original poster has lost any credibility with me and is on my ignore list.

Concur. Good idea.

Bleach still stinging, but I think I should be able to find the ignore list.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
ah c'mon. Some of you people can't take a joke. Lighten up. No its not the best site ever, That's Macrumors of course YA! :D

but anywho, I just thought it was funny.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Wow... You must be a disturbed individual to make something like that. Or maybe just very bored. Or both.

For some reason it reminded me of Elestomania...

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
It's hard to imagine what the point of this might be. But if you try, you can actually fling her left or right and even up a pretty good distance.

But the whole begs the question of why?

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
CanadaRAM said:

Other MR viewers, although the Flash animation that randomizes and runs this may be technically advanced, the subject matter puts this way over on the creepy-meter. Based on this, and based on the deceptive way (IMO) it was posted, the original poster has lost any credibility with me and is on my ignore list.

canadaRAMs humor tumor removal operation when horrifically wrong!!!

;)
:p

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Give the guy a break! Whilst it's certainly not the best site in all the land, it's still pretty amusing and technically amazingly done.

As for the pixelranger site, I'm afraid to say I'm unimpressed. It seems to fall into the same trap as many other Flash sites, too much unnecessary glitz and not enough thought put into the content. Some of the fonts/font sizes make it practically impossible to read without squinting.

GrannySmith_G5

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2003
oith
You have got to be kidding me.

People find this to be disturbing? Offensive? What is so disturbing - a computerized woman in a bikini? I found this to be a very cool and surreal animation. It was not morbid, creepy, disturbing, gross or any other such adjective.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
GrannySmith_G5 said:
People find this to be disturbing? Offensive? What is so disturbing - a computerized woman in a bikini? I found this to be a very cool and surreal animation. It was not morbid, creepy, disturbing, gross or any other such adjective.

I would still hate it if it were a fully clothed male figure: The use of a human(like) figure that is slammed against obstacles and has their body twisted and bent in such a way as would cause serious bodily injury (if it were real) is off-putting. That it is female and in a bikini just adds that little je ne sais quoi of sleaze (yes, I am not being egalitarian here. Our culture takes greater offence to insults against women than men).

I may be missing the point of it entirely but I checked it twice and that seemed to be what it does.

(For the record, I also hate those "Hockey's Greatest Hits" videos that just string together clips of people getting hurt, for the titillation of the viewing audience. My disgust is not limited to animations.)

The same programming could have been used to make the figure dance (which is what I thought it was for the first 5 seconds or so) or to make a springboard diving simulation with a figure that could be somersaulted and spun. I would have been impressed by that. Not by passive-body-gets-slammed though.

And I did not appreciate the manner in which it was posted to the forum. It's not a site. It's not the best ever. It's not 4 - 5 hours of... whatever. It was a sucker link, in my opinion. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hey, sorry Al-Famous, I couldn't come up with anything witty to say on this one. I don't happen to think it's funny. At all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.