Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DGOJG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
I hope someone can please help me.

Both my iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 have just recently stopped making alert sounds when I get a Facebook notification. I have no idea how to fix it, I've been through the standard settings and checked the volume but nothing seems to fix it. Every other notification is working fine and making the correct alert sounds but I'm getting nothing from the Facebook app.
I have tried reinstalling the apps but this did nothing. I have never jailbroken either device either.

Thanks.

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I hope someone can please help me.

Both my iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 have just recently stopped making alert sounds when I get a Facebook notification. I have no idea how to fix it, I've been through the standard settings and checked the volume but nothing seems to fix it. Every other notification is working fine and making the correct alert sounds but I'm getting nothing from the Facebook app.
I have tried reinstalling the apps but this did nothing. I have never jailbroken either device either.

Thanks.

I thought I was going crazy ! I am having the same issue and my wife too ! We both have iPhone 4s and iPads that no longer get Facebook notification sounds. It was working fine until 2 nights ago, one minute the sounds were working, the next minute it wasn't. There is nothing wrong with the devices, it must be the app. I reported it to Facebook twice, no response. I don't have an answer. Anyone ?

DGOJG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
I thought I was going crazy ! I am having the same issue and my wife too !

Oh thank god this happening to someone else! I thought I was going crazy too! I hope someone can give us an answer.

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Oh thank god this happening to someone else! I thought I was going crazy too! I hope someone can give us an answer.

There is another post in this forum regarding the same issue. We are not crazy ! I'm just upset that it's happening and no response from FB. I like getting my notification sounds, just don't know the answer.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Anyone have any luck with this? Now that i have ios 6 loaded, i notice it is not just facebook but a few other apps that are now not giving notification sounds.

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Anyone have any luck with this? Now that i have ios 6 loaded, i notice it is not just facebook but a few other apps that are now not giving notification sounds.

No answer yet. There is another thread in this forum that talks about the same issue. Some people say its the iPhone iOS version smoke people say its the FB app itself. All I know is that it sucks ! One minute working, next minute it doesn't.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Oh ok, i wish i had an answer as to what is causing it. It just started for me this week. I am going to sell my 4s, and i don't want the person who buys it to say there is something wrong with the phone if they don't receive notifications on it either.

JillTexas

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
Facebook Notification Sound Not Working on iPhone4S

Started out of the blue on Sep 12, 2012...I receive my FB notifications displayed on my iPhone4S, but no sound. I have checked ALL my settings, etc and restarted my phone and reinstalled the FB app. Still no sound whatsoever. I have emailed FB and of course, no response. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, have you found a "fix" for the problem? I would appreciate any feedback/assistance you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Started out of the blue on Sep 12, 2012...I receive my FB notifications displayed on my iPhone4S, but no sound. I have checked ALL my settings, etc and restarted my phone and reinstalled the FB app. Still no sound whatsoever. I have emailed FB and of course, no response. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, have you found a "fix" for the problem? I would appreciate any feedback/assistance you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Have the same problem here. Started around the same time with no warnings. My wife's devices are not receiving notification sounds either. No fix yet. I emailed FB also, no answer. It seems to be a problem for many.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Now i dont get any notifications from facebook. But for some reason there are other apps i dont get notifications either such as Chase alerts i used to get. It used to send me something letting me know what my balance was, or if i used my card. I am wondering if it is IOS 6 GM. This coincided with me when i loaded that on my phone.

TakumiVng

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Portugal
Now i dont get any notifications from facebook. But for some reason there are other apps i dont get notifications either such as Chase alerts i used to get. It used to send me something letting me know what my balance was, or if i used my card. I am wondering if it is IOS 6 GM. This coincided with me when i loaded that on my phone.

Hello,

I have a iPhone 4 with 5.1.1 and the new Facebook app, version 40121. I also have an iPad with 5.0.1 with the same Facebook app and no notifications at all.

I have twitter on both and no notifications...

Is this apple problem?

Best regards.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Hello,

I have a iPhone 4 with 5.1.1 and the new Facebook app, version 40121. I also have an iPad with 5.0.1 with the same Facebook app and no notifications at all.

I have twitter on both and no notifications...

Is this apple problem?

Best regards.

I am not sure. I thought it was cause i was running a beta type version of the OS. And then i found out alot of other ppl had the same problem. And were running 5.1. There seems to be no fix either. It just sorta started, and no one knows what to do.

TakumiVng

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Portugal
Hello,

My problem was no notifications at all, but now I am receiving them and with sound. Can you please check?

Cheers

----------

Hello,

My problem was no notifications at all, but now I am receiving them and with sound. Can you please check?

Cheers

Update: Sound only in iPad, iPhone with no sound!

Cheers

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Hello,

Cheers

----------

Update: Sound only in iPad, iPhone with no sound!

Cheers

Still no sound with either the iPad or iPhone here. Nothing has changed on my end.

DGOJG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Same here, no change what so ever. Both my iPhone and iPad still make no sounds for Facebook notifications. I am running the official iOS 5 and not a pre-build/beta by the way. I just want a fix or someone high up to at least acknowledge there's a problem! Its so frustrating.

pad2410

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
No Facebook sound

Hey there people.
Having the same problem on my iPhone 5 ... couldn't get ANY Facebook notifications at first but now get the banners. Still no sound though!!
What's strange, is that Apple have put in an option to choose a tone for posting on Facebook, (like sending an email) but no tone option for receiving notifications?!?! ... Wondered if this was an oversight by Apple or if it is indeed a Facebook problem?
We can but wait and hope that this minor annoyance is sorted as I, like others, got used to having a "pop" when a message came through.:)

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
If it was just Facebook it would be just a "minor" annoyance. The fact is something is broken within the notification system for alot of ppl out there. Alot of ppl are in the same boat as me, where their apps and text, emails etc do not make any noise. No matter what you try to do. And like i said many times before, it is odd how so many are experiencing notification problems. And Apple doesn't even acknowledge the issue. What is sad is that it is probably an easy fix for Apple, and it has not been addressed.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If it was just Facebook it would be just a "minor" annoyance. The fact is something is broken within the notification system for alot of ppl out there. Alot of ppl are in the same boat as me, where their apps and text, emails etc do not make any noise. No matter what you try to do. And like i said many times before, it is odd how so many are experiencing notification problems. And Apple doesn't even acknowledge the issue. What is sad is that it is probably an easy fix for Apple, and it has not been addressed.

Sure its a very easy fix. You should just go there and fix it up real quick:D

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Sure its a very easy fix. You should just go there and fix it up real quick:D

You dont have to be a dumbass!! What i meant is there has to be something simple preventing the sound coming through for so many ppl. Now no, i am not very familiar with the ins and outs of the IOS system. So i couldn't just fix it myself. But i am almost pos. that anyone familar with that sort of thing could probably pin point what is preventing notification sounds from coming through. In other words it is not one of those issues like what has been happening with exchange email for some. It is a much easier "fix". My other point it is weird how they haven't addressed it. Usually they are pretty quick to fix minor issues like this. When i first started having this problem, my sound notifications went away for like a day. And after about a day or so, they came back all by itself. Now it has happened again, but it has been over a month since it has occurred without it being addressed. My guess is that Apple understands there are a big percentage of ppl without notifications right now. But it is not really a "high" priority for them. They will get to that, when the get to it. In the meantime, all we can do is wait.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You dont have to be a dumbass!! What i meant is there has to be something simple preventing the sound coming through for so many ppl. Now no, i am not very familiar with the ins and outs of the IOS system. So i couldn't just fix it myself. But i am almost pos. that anyone familar with that sort of thing could probably pin point what is preventing notification sounds from coming through. In other words it is not one of those issues like what has been happening with exchange email for some. It is a much easier "fix". My other point it is weird how they haven't addressed it. Usually they are pretty quick to fix minor issues like this. When i first started having this problem, my sound notifications went away for like a day. And after about a day or so, they came back all by itself. Now it has happened again, but it has been over a month since it has occurred without it being addressed. My guess is that Apple understands there are a big percentage of ppl without notifications right now. But it is not really a "high" priority for them. They will get to that, when the get to it. In the meantime, all we can do is wait.

Who really knows what their fix prioritys are and what they're working on fixing now and what they leave for later?
I'm sure with iOS 6.0.1 we will see a bunch of bug fixes.
Some major and minor too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.