Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Arn made a similar thread here last year, but I don't know if he's doing it again this year, so I figured why not.

From arn's thread last year:

Seems we should have a single thread for the order statuses and changes.

That's exactly what this one is.

EDIT: Everyone freaking out about the wording "Shipping on 9/21" or whatever it says DON'T WORRY. Your phone will arrive on the 21st. The same thing happened last year.

Update: Use the following link to check your order status as it has been confirmed to be much more reliable/up-to-date: https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

Update #2: You will not see any changes on your order status until Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly even as late as Thursday because that is when your phones will ship out to all of those who pre-ordered. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.

Moderator Note
To avoid having dozens of location specific threads for Verizon orders, we are asking that all posts for Verizon remain within this currently open thread.

You can include your location ### within your post, and use the thread search tool to locate other's posts to see if their status's changed.

If you strongly feel that we should allow location spicific threads per Telco provider in the future, please let us know by opening a discussion in Site and forum feedback

Last edited by a moderator:

jrlcopy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
Got my confirmation. Even was able to use the new every 2 discount to save $30. Bye unlim data... it was nice knowing you. :(.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
good thinking,

anyone who has preordered through vzw.com in the past? any issues?
also what is this $20 monthly line access fee i see AFTER i purchased it. sorry im new to verizon>

Thanks

cedunn21

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2011
Just ordered mine. BUT AGAIN they didn't allow billing address to be changed..... SO I am assuming that it will go through like it did for the iPhone 4S order...

I sent an email with my Order Numbers from the email along with the correct billing address to the Online Orders Dept. *CROSSING FINGERS* that this order makes it through.. gonna be mad if I stayed up late for nothing!

Good Luck with the orders everyone! I'm off to bed!

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I just finished my preorder at vzw.com

$802.49 for the 32GB iPhone 5 in white.
It says it let me keep my current plan + unlimited data.
Fingers crossed they aren't lying.

Jeff5886

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010
Got my conformation! A bit concerned though because if I "check the order status" it does not show the order as being valid. Anyone else having this issue?

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Got mine as well, but I got in a little early at 2:56. :)

There was a link to the pre-order that let you do it early if you clicked on the "Learn More" iPhone 5 pre-order link and then clicked on the "Why Verizon" tab and scrolled down a little bit, a button said "Pre-order Now". So pumped!

And here's a welcome change from last year: The e-mail confirmation says "Delivers by: 9/21" as opposed to last years "Ships by: 9/21" which confused a lot of people.

EDIT: Nevermind, VZW's website still says that confusing message: "Expected ship date: 09/21/2012".

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I ordered mine, got the $30 dollar discount which takes away the upgrade fee. Only think I am worried about is that it wouldn't let me change the name on the billing address so it is my dad's name and not mine and I used my credit card. Last year I did the same thing and the order still went through but I am using a different card from a different bank this year. I am going to call my bank first thing in the morning and see what they say. Although my credit card already shows a $1 pending charge so I am hoping that I am good to go.

Ellsass

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
No confirmation email!? Signed up as new customer, two iPhones, got some confirmation #s on the screen but no email. Hope it went through :(

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Got my conformation! A bit concerned though because if I "check the order status" it does not show the order as being valid. Anyone else having this issue?

Me too. I'm sure it'll take a day to process.
I haven't been build yet either? You?

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
I preordered and got my confirmation email, but the billing address in the conf. email doesn't match the billing address on the credit card. (The shipping address is the same as the CC billing address, though) Will I have problems? Or am I set since I got a confirmation email?

Ceviche Lover

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2012
No confirmation email!? Signed up as new customer, two iPhones, got some confirmation #s on the screen but no email. Hope it went through :(

same here, says it was pending a credit check which is fine, but now i have no way of checking the status because i closed out the window. did you get a reference number on the last page?

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

I got mine almost instantly... But I preorder at 11:50 :) it says it can take up to 24 hours for confirmation email on that screen

cedunn21

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2011

SAME EXACT ISSUE.. I'm sure its just not in the system yet.. all those preorders coming in...

Jeff5886

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010
^ OK good to go! No, I have not been billed yet either. But if I try to change my plan now, I get a message saying they show I have ordered a new device and changing my plan can not occur until it is activated. So there is my second conformation that VZW got my order!

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA

Me too. I'm sure it'll take a day to process.
I haven't been build yet either? You?

Don't use your order number when looking up the status. Use your pre-order confirmation number. It's being finnicky right now when checking the status... sometimes it works, sometimes it's saying to "make sure you typed in the correct info".

cedunn21

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2011
I ordered mine, got the $30 dollar discount which takes away the upgrade fee. Only think I am worried about is that it wouldn't let me change the name on the billing address so it is my dad's name and not mine and I used my credit card. Last year I did the same thing and the order still went through but I am using a different card from a different bank this year. I am going to call my bank first thing in the morning and see what they say. Although my credit card already shows a $1 pending charge so I am hoping that I am good to go.

Mine had the same issue last year as well and went through.. and again this year.. using the same card but wouldn't allow me to change the billing info... I'm guessing it will go through.. I sen't an email to the online order dept. letting them know just to make sure.. HOPE IT WORKS!

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I preordered and got my confirmation email, but the billing address in the conf. email doesn't match the billing address on the credit card. (The shipping address is the same as the CC billing address, though) Will I have problems? Or am I set since I got a confirmation email?
This is what concerned me, it has my dad's name and I used my name since I used my credit card. Although my address is the same just the name is different. Last year it wasn't a problem. I already sent a request to the support team at Verizon to see what they say and if they can change it or not. I am also going to call my bank in the morning and see what they say.

tigerfan41

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 09/21/2012

Impressed with how well Verizon is handling things this time around. :D

Ellsass

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
same here, says it was pending a credit check which is fine, but now i have no way of checking the status because i closed out the window. did you get a reference number on the last page?

Here's what it has on the last page:

Thank you for your order.
Your pending order confirmation number is: (############)

Credit application number is : (########)
Your credit review status : Pending Status
Security deposit if any : Decision Pending
Credit advisory : PENDING CVAS APPLICATION
Your email address : (my@email)

Hope it works...

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA

How'd you get that $30 discount? I'd love to see if I could get it applied to my account as well. Ended up paying $376.80 for the 32GB iPhone 5.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 09/21/2012

Impressed with how well Verizon is handling things this time around. :D

That's what mine said when I first did it but now when I do it it says it can't find it. :( Just tried it again and it says what yours is saying...I just need to try and take my own advice and relax! The servers are overwhlemed is all.

How'd you get that $30 discount? I'd love to see if I could get it applied to my account as well. Ended up paying $376.80 for the 32GB iPhone 5.
I think it is because I used my sisters upgrade and she was eligible for an update 2 months ago. I ended up paying $320.24 for a black 32GB one.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
That's what mine said when I first did it but now when I do it it says it can't find it. :(

It's doing the same to me as well. I'll copy/paste the info and it'll work. I do it again a few minutes later and I get an error saying wrong information. Try it a few minutes later and it works again. It's very finicky right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.