Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc

Edit: just talked to Verizon (after being on hold 40 mins), they told me the name issue won't hold it up, as long as I entered a valid cc # with the security code, etc that it's good to go. Also said they know that the orders aren't showing up sometimes, but that if you try 2-3 times they do. also said I wont see any charges on my credit card until it ships, so I guess they don't put any kind of hold on it (I know crappy sprint did when I got the 4s last year).

How'd you get ahold of them??

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
my order status is saying expected SHIP date 9/21
is yours saying delivery or ship?

my email says delivery, and the site did when i finished the purchase

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 3.50.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 3.50.15 AM.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 264

faams

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
I would also like to know what's up with that $20 fee. When I preordered my estimated monthly total was $150 but when I got the confirmation email it jumped to $190 thanks to two of those fees.

Same here, then i noted this in the email

NOTE: Your first bill may include charges for a partial month of service in addition to your first full month's access charge, billed one month in advance.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
How'd you get ahold of them??

called 611, pressed 0 a bunch of times, it said something about being staffed from 6am - 11pm or something, and then I just got another menu with an option which was (option 4 I think) to speak to someone about my order.. im so tired of half asleep that I was amazed I got anyone, each time the recording came on saying all agents were busy I started to talk to it thinking it was a person, hah

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I called and spoke to someone, and they said it wont be an issue (which I hope is the case, or I'm gonna be real PO'd). Also I see no pending charges at all, she told me I won't see the charge until it ships, and the card that I used is kind of crappy, and doesn't really show pending charges, it just shows a decrease in the available limit (which hasn't changed since prior to me ordering), so, fingers crossed. now I can sleep for 2-3 hours before I go to work, YAY!
Awesome thanks man! That's what I thought. I guess I ordered a card with my dad's name on it for no reason...oh well at least it was free! Gotta love USAA.

Everyone freaking out about the wording "Shipping on 9/21" or whatever it says DON'T WORRY. Your phone will arrive on the 21st. The same thing happened last year.

SR, do you think you could put that in the first post so maybe people won't freak as much?

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
called, pressed 0 a bunch, then got another menu one of which was (option 4 I think) to speak to someone about my order.. im so tired of half asleep that I was amazed I got anyone, each time the recording came on saying all agents were busy I started to talk to it thinking it was a person, hah

I got it, I hope they can submit an order for me.

I can't choose unlimited data and don't want to use the card on the account.

Waiting now ;)

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay! :)

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!? :(

Mine says the same as yours, but then for the expected ship date it says 9/21/2012, which, as we all know, is actually the delivery date.

Yup, it's just a slight issue with the wording. This same thing happened last year and everyone got theirs on time. Don't sweat it. You WILL get it by 9/21.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Awesome thanks man! That's what I thought. I guess I ordered a card with my dad's name on it for no reason...oh well at least it was free! Gotta love USAA.

Everyone freaking out about the wording "Shipping on 9/21" or whatever it says DON'T WORRY. Your phone will arrive on the 21st. The same thing happened last year.

SR, do you think you could put that in the first post so maybe people won't freak as much?

thanks. im new to vzw

Im going to bed now lol

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc

Edit: just talked to Verizon (after being on hold 40 mins), they told me the name issue won't hold it up, as long as I entered a valid cc # with the security code, etc that it's good to go. Also said they know that the orders aren't showing up sometimes, but that if you try 2-3 times they do. also said I wont see any charges on my credit card until it ships, so I guess they don't put any kind of hold on it (I know crappy sprint did when I got the 4s last year).

Similar situation but my father is the account holder and gets billed to a PO box. I used my own CC which has a different billing address. But the email confirmation went through and I have a pending $1 charge on my card. Some sort of placeholder I'm hoping. Hopefully everything goes through alright

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA

Just added it and bolded/underlined it so it's hard to miss.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002

Same here. Ordered 32gb Black. I'm porting my number over from AT&T. Hope it works. Received my order confirmation email, with delivery on 9/21.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
I got it, I hope they can submit an order for me.

I can't choose unlimited data and don't want to use the card on the account.

Waiting now ;)

I don't think they can submit orders til like 6AM (from what I've read elsewhere at least), but if they do, great. I asked the girl I spoke to if they normally work these hours, or if it was due to the iPhone 5 launch, and she said that it was due to this, and that she definitely doesn't work these hours normally, which sucks, but I guess someone has to be there to help, right.

I had no issue, amazingly, placing the order, or keeping unlimited data, I just hope the credit card deal doesn't hold it up, though I don't imagine it will, if it does I'll have to go stand in line in a foul ass mood.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay! :)

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!? :(

glad i could help. sorta ;)

IndoX

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Will Apple or Verizon give the option to add Apple Care +? On the Verizon pre order I couldn't do it... so I was wondering if Apple will give the option of adding it after the purchase like they did last year (if I recall correctly).

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Just added it and bolded/underlined it so it's hard to miss.
Awesome, although it probably won't help much :p Did you see my post about how I got the $30 activation fee waived? I think it was cause the line had been due for a while, it was a promotional thing I am suprised they let it happen with the iPhone. You can probably call and get it waived, I know lots of people who have.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account and I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the billing address linked to my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Anyone know how to preorder through Verizon Business account?

if I recall, the website said that business customers can order at 6 or 7 AM, though I could be wrong, as my lack of sleep for almost 20 hours at that point may have had me making things up.

According to their (Verizon) twitter, they say 7AM EDT.

Last edited:

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
I don't think they can submit orders til like 6AM (from what I've read elsewhere at least), but if they do, great. I asked the girl I spoke to if they normally work these hours, or if it was due to the iPhone 5 launch, and she said that it was due to this, and that she definitely doesn't work these hours normally, which sucks, but I guess someone has to be there to help, right.

I had no issue, amazingly, placing the order, or keeping unlimited data, I just hope the credit card deal doesn't hold it up, though I don't imagine it will, if it does I'll have to go stand in line in a foul ass mood.

Do you know if the 6AM is Pacific, EST or what?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.