Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davotoast

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay! :)

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!? :(

I got a similar message after placing an order for new service. My final page said "ON HOLD", and said to call the number 877-375-9081 and enter my nine-digit Credit Application Number. That line is an automated system, and I just had to answer a few questions to confirm my identity (due to fraud safeguards I have in place on my name with credit rating agencies). Once I answered the automated questions, I got my order confirmation email with delivery date of 9/21 in seconds.

Hope that helps someone, if your order says ON HOLD due to credit review that number might be a good place to start.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Awesome, although it probably won't help much :p Did you see my post about how I got the $30 activation fee waived? I think it was cause the line had been due for a while, it was a promotional thing I am suprised they let it happen with the iPhone. You can probably call and get it waived, I know lots of people who have.

Just saw your post. Hmm, that's odd because I've had an available upgrade on my line since 7/22/12. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get it waived. I'm not sweating it, though. It's $30, but at least I got my preorder in haha, that's all that matters right now. Now I just need me debit card to go through successfully (which it should) and all will be right in the world. :p

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Ended up ordering mine off of Verizon, although the original plan was the Apple Site. It was already nearing ten minutes past 3 and so I thought, just in case, I might as well go on and snag mine on the Verizon store while they're here.

However, apparently my unlimited data plan has breathed its last breath, as I wasn't able to choose it as an option, which is quite lame because I'm pretty sure I remember the news article about two years ago saying grandfathered customers were good for like two more phones. I don't remember the exact wording but all I knew was that I remember thinking "good, I'm set for at least two more contracts." But we see how that went.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
Both orders are showing shipping by the 21st for me which seems normal. Paid full price for a 16GB white and upgrade 16gb black for the wife.

Only thing I don't like is my wife was charged an upgrade fee of 30.00! Come on Verizon stop with the nickle and dime crap. Going to call Verizon tomorrow to complain about that.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Just saw your post. Hmm, that's odd because I've had an available upgrade on my line since 7/22/12. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get it waived. I'm not sweating it, though. It's $30, but at least I got my preorder in haha, that's all that matters right now. Now I just need me debit card to go through successfully (which it should) and all will be right in the world. :p
Yeah I don't know, they run all kinds of weird promotions all the time though. We get stuff in the mail all the time. At least you're paying debit so you know it will go through! I paid credit so I won't get charged till it shipped. But with my AMEX card I got an extended warranty so it was well worth it.
Both orders are showing shipping by the 21st for me which seems normal. Paid full price for a 16GB white and upgrade 16gb black for the wife.

Only thing I don't like is my wife was charged an upgrade fee of 30.00! Come on Verizon stop with the nickle and dime crap. Going to call Verizon tomorrow to complain about that.
You should get it waived, that is one of the fees that they will waive pretty easily.

Ceviche Lover

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2012
yeahh buddyyyyyyyyy

Your Order Confirmation
Hi XXXX,
Thank you for your order. It is being processed and you will receive notification once it has shipped.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah I don't know, they run all kinds of weird promotions all the time though. We get stuff in the mail all the time. At least you're paying debit so you know it will go through! I paid credit so I won't get charged till it shipped. But with my AMEX card I got an extended warranty so it was well worth it.
You should get it waived, that is one of the fees that they will waive pretty easily.

I dunno if it went through as credit or debit though. On the checkout page the option was labeled as credit/debit. I like to use my debit card for purchases for the exact reason you stated (I know that it will go through), so I'm hoping it went through as debit, but my card does either or so I don't know just yet.

What number should I call? Any specific one? If I can get this waived I'd be quite happy as I could use this to get a case for it, or for the $35 I'll be paying to get a full body screen protector application and maybe skip the case all together. I mean the back is like 95% aluminum and the glass is flush with the edge and the aluminum, so I doubt I'd crack it.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah

Well I will give it a shot tomorrow.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Ended up ordering mine off of Verizon, although the original plan was the Apple Site. It was already nearing ten minutes past 3 and so I thought, just in case, I might as well go on and snag mine on the Verizon store while they're here.

However, apparently my unlimited data plan has breathed its last breath, as I wasn't able to choose it as an option, which is quite lame because I'm pretty sure I remember the news article about two years ago saying grandfathered customers were good for like two more phones. I don't remember the exact wording but all I knew was that I remember thinking "good, I'm set for at least two more contracts." But we see how that went.

They changed it when they came out with their new Share Everything plans. You can only keep unlimited data if you by the phone for the unsubsidized pricing (i.e. $649, $749, or $849).

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Did anyone else get a text from VZW regarding fraud? I just got it now at 1:05AM. Exactly one hour after I got my email from VZW.

VZW FREE MSG: VERIZON ORDER --------------------------
must be authorized. Text Yes or confirm or NO to cancel the order. Questions? call VZW Fraud (number)

Obviously I replied with Yes.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Ordered mine about 20 minutes ago. Haven't received a confirmation email yet... it said it was pending a whole bunch of things like credit check and what not... any ETA on when I will get my email?

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
I submitted a ticket thing to Verizon asking them about the credit card names and what not...I really hope some guy over there doesn't cancel my pre order or something in order to redo it with a different name! I don't think they will but this is just me thinking of every little thing that could go wrong!

I leave for training for the Army a few days after the 21st so if they mess it up it is going to be a HUGE hassle to try and get the phone to me and activated.

Did anyone else get a text from VZW regarding fraud? I just got it now at 1:05AM. Exactly one hour after I got my email from VZW.

VZW FREE MSG: VERIZON ORDER --------------------------
must be authorized. Text Yes or confirm or NO to cancel the order. Questions? call VZW Fraud (number)

Obviously I replied with Yes.
Never heard of that.

Ordered mine about 20 minutes ago. Haven't received a confirmation email yet... it said it was pending a whole bunch of things like credit check and what not... any ETA on when I will get my email?
It can take like up to 24hours to get the email...the servers are swamped! I got mine but I also ordered 10 minutes before you where suppose to. lol

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
I submitted a ticket thing to Verizon asking them about the credit card names and what not...I really hope some guy over there doesn't cancel my pre order or something in order to redo it with a different name! I don't think they will but this is just me thinking of every little thing that could go wrong!

I leave for training for the Army a few days after the 21st so if they mess it up it is going to be a HUGE hassle to try and get the phone to me and activated.

Completely unrelated, but thanks for your service. :)

----------

Could take up to 24 hours. I managed to find a link on VZW's website to preorder before 3:01AM, so I got mine in at 2:54 and got my confirmation email at 2:56AM.

kvnfo

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012

I'm on the same boat, hopefully something shows up tomorrow morning.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
So originally 9to5mac posted that the Verizon phone wouldn't have the sim card or card slot. My email says embedded sim. I guess they lied
Yes they did, LTE is an evolution of GSM and thus needs SIM cards. The only reason they wouldn't have one is if Apple had embedded it in the phone, which would have been the biggest pain in the *** ever.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Yes they did, LTE is an evolution of GSM and thus needs SIM cards. The only reason they wouldn't have one is if Apple had embedded it in the phone, which would have been the biggest pain in the *** ever.

Mhm, exactly.

MacTouch786

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
Did anyone have weird trouble switching plans? They didn't give me the option of Share Everything, and I ordered 3 for different lines (all upgradeable on same account). I'm worried that they've split the account into 3 singles... but I dunno. I'd be able to switch to Share Everything no problem right? Lost unlimited too.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Did anyone have weird trouble switching plans? They didn't give me the option of Share Everything, and I ordered 3 for different lines (all upgradeable on same account). I'm worried that they've split the account into 3 singles... but I dunno. I'd be able to switch to Share Everything no problem right? Lost unlimited too.
I didn't switch plans so I can't talk on that. But they want EVERYONE on share everything plans, if they had their way they would have everyone on them. So I am positive they will help you out if they are 3 individual plans and make them a share everything plan.

jsf23

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
New York, NY
called 611, pressed 0 ... it said something about being staffed from 6am - 11pm or something, and then I just got another menu with an option which was (option 4 I think) to speak to someone about my order..

First off, this was golden info, so thanks. Let the recording tell you they're closed, then press 4 for "help with your iPhone order."

Second, we had to call because we were trying to add a line to an existing account (with an Android), to create a second line with an iPhone 5. If we chose the iPhone 5, we were prompted to basically create a new account; if we chose anything else, it would have added as normal.

My point is that in case anyone has the above issue, call in & go through that process, and they'll assure you that they;ll true it up after the fact.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
Tried to call Verizon Wireless to talk to telesales and keep my unlimited data but they are closed ill call again at 8am

they are getting everyone to switch to share everything I dont want that so Ill talk to telesales

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.