Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
True, but it's even worse if you didn't print out the page or write the number down because then you have no proof of anything if something does go wrong. Did you write it down thunder?

Yes, thankfully I took a screenshot of the entire page with the order number and everything. I will most likely call them in the order to make sure.

On another note, to those who order, when you go into your AT&T account and click check order, does it come up as an error?

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
AT&T's website sucks, but i got my order in. Apple had 2 weeks till delivery, AT&T had release date delivery. 16GB Black&Slate.

captainc

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
For those who grandfathered their unlimited, did you guys get two of these unlimited plan crap?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-14 at 12.33.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-14 at 12.33.39 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 569

YaBoiD

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
Preordered and received confirmation email through Apple's website! AT&T 64GB iPhone 5 Black.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
The Premier site is officially trash!!!

Now I get...

"Site Currently Unavailable

Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our web site for our customers. Unfortunately, our site is unavailable and cannot handle your request at this time. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to remedy the situation. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please try back again later."

This really makes me want to take my business account to another wireless company!!! :mad:

creative78

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
I had a similar problem with the ATT website so just ordered through Apple.

I did have to call ATT to make sure my $36 credit was applied. Waited for around 10 minutes to speak to a rep and was connected to a guy who was clearly on another planet.

He basically had a conversation with himself, talking about how my account was past due (it's not) and how because of that I'm not eligible to upgrade. I tried to explain I was not asking about that and tried to clarify that he had the correct account open, but he continued to ignore me and ramble on. It was like he was talking just to appear like he was taking a call. About 10 minutes in, the call cut to a women (who sounded like she was in the USA), she was much more helpful, but the call got disconnected and now when trying to call back I just get a busy signal after entering my account info.

To say ATT is having technical issues is an understatement. I did manage to record part of the call because it's unbelievable.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
I had a similar problem with the ATT website so just ordered through Apple.

I did have to call ATT to make sure my $36 credit was applied. Waited for around 10 minutes to speak to a rep and was connected to a guy who was clearly on another planet.

He basically had a conversation with himself, talking about how my account was past due (it's not) and how because of that I'm not eligible to upgrade. I tried to explain I was not asking about that and tried to clarify that he had the correct account open, but he continued to ignore me and ramble on. It was like he was talking just to appear like he was taking a call. About 10 minutes in, the call cut to a women (who sounded like she was in the USA), she was much more helpful, but the call got disconnected and now when trying to call back I just get a busy signal after entering my account info.

To say ATT is having technical issues is an understatement. I did manage to record part of the call because it's unbelievable.
How did you get the $36 fee waived?

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
Just ordered mine.

Will be delivered on thr 21st. Now, I got my 4S in the morning last year, but I didn't get my iPad 3 until later in the afternoon. Does UPS/Fedex always ship opening day iPhones in the early morning? I have class at 1PM, hmmm.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I had to go through the Apple Store app. Took me about 10 minutes.

Current status for me:

Processing Items
Delivers 9/21 via standard shipping

creative78

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
How did you get the $36 fee waived?
I told them that the fee is pointless, I was already signing into a new 2 year contract and did not see why ATT needed another $36 from me. I also hinted that fees like that drive customers to other providers (I was not kidding, I hate greedy fees like that).

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I am trying to order through at&t because apple's site is showing that it will ship in 2 weeks. However, when i click on upgrade eligibility it is showing either "unable to process your request" or site currently unavailable. :mad:

FFocuSS

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Did everyone who ordered from att.com get the order confirmation email AND the email saying your order has been processed? I've only gotten the first email after an hour and a half, and my account page says that I still have an upgrade available for my phone.

I'm unsure of how to proceed.

kavabuggy

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
houston, tx
For those who grandfathered their unlimited, did you guys get two of these unlimited plan crap?

yep, got that too, plus the $36 thing, but the latter should be waived because i'm on that ATT Plus thing they're trying out in Houston. i'm not getting my panties in a twist and freaking out just yet. i'm going to let this whole pre-order day slide by, then call with any issues i may have once they do settlements with orders, cards, and any possible double orders. in 2010 with the 4, i got a phone through apple, and a phone through ATT. apple cancelled my order without notice, but ATT's went to "order shipped" the following monday when i was going to call apple. i learned through that experience to just have some patience.

Last edited:

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
Apple site was garbage kept saying I had not account.

ATT site was just as bad would time out when adding line

ATT Premier worked just fine for me.

I got confirmation on ordered received via email and a preauthorization on CC so far.

WaCougMBS

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
anyone received an email yet? I only have the confirmation number....

Same boat for me. Nothing shows up when I try to check order status either, just this message: "E0019: No order was found. If you recently placed an order, please try again later. Note: Information for orders placed within the past 24 hours may not be available."

Worried ... Probably stupidly, but maybe not ...

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
Same boat for me. Nothing shows up when I try to check order status either, just this message: "E0019: No order was found. If you recently placed an order, please try again later. Note: Information for orders placed within the past 24 hours may not be available."

Worried ... Probably stupidly, but maybe not ...

att site still be hammered I cant get no where on it and cant see confirmation page...basically a busy error msg

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I got on and was placing my order for a black 16G, and saw that it said "delivers on September 21", then the wife asks what color I'm getting. She says the white is nicer. So I go back and look at some pics of the white and black again, and decided on the black. About to finish my order and now it says "delivered in 2 weeks". Darn it, my whole family is going to be on a trip during that time, for almost 2 weeks. order cancelled. :(
Maybe I'll just walk in to my AT&T store on Friday.

swu31

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012

I just ordered mine off ATT upgrade. I also have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. But DID NOT look like that. When I clicked add services there was only the "Unlimited Data for iPhone on 4G LTE" in cart. (The option to select without was available though in the service selection).

Also another issue. I have an old 1500 Text Msg plan from a previous iPhone purchase. When I was about to check out this is what happened:

Services:
Unlimited Data for iPhone on 4G LTE (+$30)

Services Removed:
Unlimited Data for iPhone (-$30)
1500 Text Messages for iPhone (-$15)

So I added the Unlimited Text Message (+$20) plan just incase and called customer support and they said that when I receive my phone and before I activate it I could call and request my old text message plan back.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I too have the two data plans on checkout. I don't think it's an issue, though. First of all, you can always change data plans at any time. Second, it's obviously a glitch... If it appears on my bill after activation, I'll call and get it removed.

FunkyMonkCP

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Springfield, VA
Waited 1.5 hours on phone to order mine since the site wasn't working and wanted the no commitment. I received confirmation email and everything. I forgot to ask him about my grandfathered unlimited plan but then again we didn't talk about plans at all. I assume everything will be kept as is and just transferred over. I plan to unlock my phone soon as I get it since they do it for out of contract phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.