Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Just a heads up;

I ordered a lightening adapter with my iPhone 5. All was well initially, with a delivery date of next Friday. I then checked it a few hours later and it had pushed back to October :eek:

I quickly went in to Apples order page and removed the adapter and my phone is back on track for delivery next Friday.

You may want to keep an eye on this if you've ordered both.

It's odd really, as i managed to get my order in immediately-2 mins past the hour I was done.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Just a heads up;

I ordered a lightening adapter with my iPhone 5. All was well initially, with a delivery date of next Friday. I then checked it a few hours later and it had pushed back to October :eek:

I quickly went in to Apples order page and removed the adapter and my phone is back on track for delivery next Friday.

It's odd really, as i managed to get my order in immediately-2 mins past the hour I was done.

I ordered with the usb cord and they have two separate ship dates right now, but I will keep an eye out. Thanks for the info!

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Just to avoid any conceivable problem, it's very smart to order the phone by itself.

Then wait till the madness clears to order accessories.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Just to avoid any conceivable problem, it's very smart to Oder the phone by itself. Then wait till the madness clears to order accessories.

Yes definitely-had a right old fright earlier!

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Just to avoid any conceivable problem, it's very smart to order the phone by itself.

Then wait till the madness clears to order accessories.

Just looked at my order history and I ordered the ipad 3 and smart cover in the same order and the smart cover shipped 3 days before so hopefully this isn't a problem. I am tempted to cancel the usb item though.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Just looked at my order history and I ordered the ipad 3 and smart cover in the same order and the smart cover shipped 3 days before so hopefully this isn't a problem. I am tempted to cancel the usb item though.

Do you have a shipping date on current order?

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Do you have a shipping date on current order?

Lightning to USB Cable
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Oct 9 - Oct 15 via Standard Shipping
Add Free Gift Message

iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (GSM)
Show Rate Plan
Delivers 9/21 via Standard Shipping
Add Free Gift Message

Above is copied straight from my order status page.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Lightning to USB Cable
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Oct 9 - Oct 15 via Standard Shipping
Add Free Gift Message

iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (GSM)
Show Rate Plan
Delivers 9/21 via Standard Shipping
Add Free Gift Message

Above is copied straight from my order status page.

Sounds fine! Mine said October for both until I removed the adapter.

angrywaiter

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Just a heads up;

I think I love you!! I've been worried why my order (phone and adaptor) wasn't being processed. I've been up since 'Stupid o'clock' and ordered in the first couple of minutes. But to my horror it said 'Delivers October'.

Just took the lightning to 30 pin adaptor off the order and its updated the delivery date to 9/21 !!

Happy happy Joy Joy!

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
I think I love you!! I've been worried why my order (phone and adaptor) wasn't being processed. I've been up since 'Stupid o'clock' and ordered in the first couple of minutes. But to my horror it said 'Delivers October'.

Just took the lightning to 30 pin adaptor off the order and its updated the delivery date to 9/21 !!

Happy happy Joy Joy!

phew that was a close call!

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007

Happy happy Joy Joy!

Glad to have helped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.