Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Hippyshakes
macrumors member

Unhappy iPhone 5 and your car.. Uh oh?

Full Article

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...s-in-the-dust/

Excerpt:

The fact that the Lightning port uses eight purely digital pins calls into question whether the Lightning adapter would actually work with many cars' existing iPod or even USB ports. Current Kia and Hyundai models, and older BMW models, use an adapter cable that feeds the analog audio signal from the 30-pin connector to a 1/8-inch audio input, and a USB port to feed control signals between iPhone and car. Lightning does not have the capability to send an analog signal, so Apple's adapter will not work in those vehicles.

My new Audi A6 is in question and damn but if this is important to me....

More to follow I guess
Hippyshakes is offline   8 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone