Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Where the heck are you people seeing this information? When I go to the link, I only see the products I own, not anything I have on order. I did place my order for 2 iPhone 5 through Apple. My order wasn't placed until almost midnight on Friday EST. Almost 24 hours after pre launch, so maybe that's why?

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Week 34!!:D Starting to really feel excited now!!:D This yearly iPhone launch week makes me feel like i"m a kid again waiting for Christmas Morning. I love iPhone Launch week. (boy I really need to get a life:rolleyes:)

naveah

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Atlanta
16 GB; black/slate; ordered at 3:22am

Serial number: DN ...
Group1:
Group2:
Generation:
Production year: 2012
Production week: 34 (August)
Memory - number of slots:
Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)

I'm seeing people with weeks 36/37. Hopefully, there weren't any kinks during week 34 that were ironed out in the later weeks. (Knowing Apple, though, they probably started dry runs in July -- or even June -- and worked out the kinks at that time.)

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Holy crap! So orders that are shipping for preorders were produced about weeks 30-40!!! So this phone has been in production for over half a year already!! That is crazy man.

So what you all want to bet the stock piles for opening day in the stores are going to be pretty good??

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
I would rather have a later week than an earlier one. Getting one of the first devices on a production line has a higher chance of failure.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Holy crap! So orders that are shipping for preorders were produced about weeks 30-40!!! So this phone has been in production for over half a year already!! That is crazy man.

No. The earliest was 32 which was only 5 weeks ago.

----------

I would rather have a later week than an earlier one. Getting one of the first devices on a production line has a higher chance of failure.

My thoughts exactly. :(

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

I would imagine they perfected the manufacturing process before they started to mass produce :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.