Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So, with the Cowboys vs. Giants game last night the NFL season is underway. This will be the official thread for the MR OSX NFL Fantasy Football League.

The league started with the original thread here, but now we will have a separate thread for this league only.

Those playing this year include:

Mac OSX League:
  1. ECUpirate44
  2. Jaffa Cake
  3. MacNut
  4. miles01110
  5. moyank24
  6. mscriv
  7. rdowns
  8. Queen of Spades
  9. swiftaw
  10. The Californian
  11. The.316
  12. TwinCities Dan

ESPN has a new draft report card this year where you can use Matthew Berry's fantasy expertise to rate your draft. This doesn't take our PPR scoring system into account, but it's still kind of fun to look at.

OSX Draft Report Card 8.26.12.jpg

Let the games, the trash talking, and the fun begin. Don't forget to set your line up this week.

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
First up for my Meffs, an away trip to divisional rivals Team miles01110. The pre-season training camp looked to go well for the defending champs, and the players are looking forward to finally getting their teeth into the opposition.

With that in mind, the rules don't expressly forbid biting do they?

myditka

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Do you guys know much about fantasy?

PPR league, look at this trade

Send Torrey Smith, Bal WR from WR to Herm
Send DeMarco Murray, Dal RB from RB to Herm
Receive Matt Forte, Chi RB from Herm to Bench
Receive Michael Floyd, Ari WR from Herm to Bench

Who do you think gets the better deal?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Oy. What a rough week.

Next time, I don't care how hurt AP is, one leg or two, an eye patch, missing an arm - whatever, I'm starting him. :mad: And who would have thunk the Jets receivers would have better fantasy stats than the Packers?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Oy. What a rough week.

Next time, I don't care how hurt AP is, one leg or two, I'm starting him. :mad: And who would have thunk the Jets receivers would have better fantasy stats than the Packers.

Yep, I was just about to ask how you felt about starting P. Thomas over AP? ;)

So, do you think Meachem has it in him to put up 35+ points tonight? Can he pull a Kevin Ogletree? :eek:

I think I'll go ahead and put down a victory in the win column for week 1. :D

With that taken care of I'll turn my attention to looking for quick healing methods for FJax. I drafted him with such high hopes... :(

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Yep, I was just about to ask how you felt about starting P. Thomas over AP? ;)

So, do you think Meachem has it in him to put up 35+ points tonight? Can he pull a Kevin Ogletree? :eek:

I think I'll go ahead and put down a victory in the win column for week 1. :D

With that taken care of I'll turn my attention to looking for quick healing methods for FJax. I drafted him with such high hopes... :(

:(

Let's not forget, however, that this is exactly how last year started out. You beat me in Week 1 - but I beat you when it counted. :D

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Brutal week. :(

Some of it was just bad luck, but I'd kill for a decent running back. The temptation to tinker/trade/overhaul is strong, but I think I'm going to wait for now. Fantasy football stresses me out. :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
:(

Let's not forget, however, that this is exactly how last year started out. You beat me in Week 1 - but I beat you when it counted. :D

Look at you opening old wounds... :(

This was a rough week 1 all the way around for folks. Some key injuries and some big surprises will make for an interesting fantasy season.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Bah! My Meffs and Team miles01110 are level after the close of play, on 117 points apiece. But am I right in thinking that – due to Americans' irrational fear of the elegant, simple beauty and balance of the draw – it goes to WR points or something? Bah again!

This will displease our shadowy owner Lord Meff greatly. 'Play for the draw, Cake!' was the instruction from the Director's Box as the game neared its end. 'We'll take this lot back to Meff Park and thrash them in the replay, and we need the extra gate receipts!'

Sometimes I think he really doesn't have a clue what's going on... :eek:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Bah! My Meffs and Team miles01110 are level after the close of play, on 117 points apiece. But am I right in thinking that – due to Americans' irrational fear of the elegant, simple beauty and balance of the draw – it goes to WR points or something? Bah again!

This will displease our shadowy owner Lord Meff greatly. 'Play for the draw, Cake!' was the instruction from the Director's Box as the game neared its end. 'We'll take this lot back to Meff Park and thrash them in the replay, and we need the extra gate receipts!'

Sometimes I think he really doesn't have a clue what's going on... :eek:

Tell him not to feel bad - It seems like the ownership of Pinstripe City is in the same boat.

The good news is that we won an award this week. The bad news is that it's for the suckiest team. :(

Adrian Peterson will be starting, though, so we look forward to a friendly battle with the Queen's Touchdown Abbey. Luckily, this will give me two reasons now to root against the Patriots. :D

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Tell him not to feel bad - It seems like the ownership of Pinstripe City is in the same boat.

The good news is that we won an award this week. The bad news is that it's for the suckiest team. :(

Adrian Peterson will be starting, though, so we look forward to a friendly battle with the Queen's Touchdown Abbey. Luckily, this will give me two reasons now to root against the Patriots. :D

I swear I thought that award was mine, ugh. Next week will be better! And yes, I look forward to the tango, and hopefully dropping you to 0-2. :cool:

Who needs a fantasy stud QB by the name of Robert Griffin III? I'm looking for a solid RB in exchange. The kid outscored Tom Brady last week, let's get something done. :D Also, I'm reasonable with trades. I know some of you have RB gluttony going on!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The kid outscored Tom Brady last week, let's get something done. :D

Speaking of Tom, could you kindly tell him to throw the ball to Welker a little more. I need his production in two other leagues where I own the spry little receiver. It will help us both out since he's your starting QB and all. ;)

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Speaking of Tom, could you kindly tell him to throw the ball to Welker a little more. I need his production in two other leagues where I own the spry little receiver. It will help us both out since he's your starting QB and all. ;)

I don't think this last week is any indictment of what his production will be. The Patriots game plan week to week based on opponent. I know we have the two-headed TE monster, and also Brandon Lloyd to stretch the field, but Wes will get his yards. I can see him with another 100 catch/1,000 yard season or close to it.

But yeah, I fully expect Tom Brady to score more points than he did this week regularly.

Last edited:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Turns out there was a game last night – I didn't think Thursday night ones started until later in the season. Bah! :confused: :p

Yeah, I realized at like 3pm PST and panicked. Hope it didn't screw you too much, I should have posted a heads up when I noticed it. Sorry.

In other news, it's time for Moyank and I to tango! :cool:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Hope it didn't screw you too much, I should have posted a heads up when I noticed it. Sorry.
No worries, it catches me out every year – just this time earlier than usual! :p I'd made a couple of adjustments earlier in the week, and only had the one player involved last night.

Luckily Meff Park was ready in time, the pitch was still a bit patchy after last weekend's car boot sale but the groundsman at least had time to paint the markings out.

Meff-Park.jpg

The rat problem in the away changing rooms should be sorted though. :eek:

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
Reggie Bush is having something of a stormer, if I win my match this week it'll be due in no small part to his efforts.

It's most pleasing as – my kicker aside – the rest of the lads are playing like proper buffoons. :eek:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
RG3 with 35 points today, geez. Kid's good. I know the week I sit Brady in favor of him, Brady's going to go off for abou 400 yards and 4TDs. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Who has CJ Spiller? I'm super jealous of you. :eek:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
RG3 with 35 points today, geez. Kid's good. I know the week I sit Brady in favor of him, Brady's going to go off for abou 400 yards and 4TDs. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Who has CJ Spiller? I'm super jealous of you. :eek:

You whooped me. :(

I sit AP and he goes nuts - I start AP and....he doesn't. This coaching stuff is hard. I may have to lose 4 or 5 before the boys start getting serious. :eek:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
You whooped me. :(

I sit AP and he goes nuts - I start AP and....he doesn't. This coaching stuff is hard. I may have to lose 4 or 5 before the boys start getting serious. :eek:

If it makes you feel better, I got absolutely creamed in my other league with a ridiculously stacked roster. I was projected to win by a landslide. ****ing projections.

Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, and Darren McFadden combined for 16 points. :rolleyes: Ridiculous and annoying.

Also the Patriots played a total stinker and Aaron Hernandez got hurt in the process (supposedly high ankle sprain - kill me now). I am not feeling too celebratory at the moment. :(

Attachments

• underpermingaholes.png
    underpermingaholes.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.