Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following today's news that the iPhone 5 has set a record with over two million pre-orders during the first 24 hours of availability last Friday, Apple's stock price is rising once more. Apple's share price broke through the $700 mark for the first time today in after-hours trading, continuing the company's meteoric rise as the most valuable publicly traded company in the world.

The stock price has been on a tear -- albeit with a bit of a lull in the middle of the year -- since Apple reported blowout earnings for the first fiscal quarter of 2012, rising more than $270/share, or over 65%, in nine months.

aapl700stock.png

At the end of February, Apple broke through the important psychological barrier of $500 billion in market capitalization, then through $600 billion in April. Apple is now worth more than $650 billion, which is $225 billion -- or approximately one Google -- more than second-place ExxonMobil.

Article Link: Apple's Stock Price Breaks Through $700, Sets New All-Time Records for Price and Market Cap

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
I just saw it crossed $700.00 in after hours. Seconds later, I checked here and that is the lead story. Wow, Macrumors is quite quick. This is the up to the second reporting! Nice job Jordan Golson. You probably had it all setup, had the article written in anticipation and copy&paste the quote page to memorialize it and hit publish. Even then, it was lightning fast.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
While I can say unfortunately I dont have any shares, I can def say I have contributed in making some ppl very rich at least. When will it stop? cant see it happening anytime too soon. But as they say, what goes up...

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Wow, you were quicker with this news than even my Bloomberg iPhone app. I just got the alert about 30 seconds ago.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Wow, wonder if its because apple product lineup, or the confidence in cook.
Either way, hope apple can stay focus on good things to come.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
My stupid emails saying my iPhone has been shipped still haven't come!!

Everytime my phone goes off I grab it thinking its the email.....stupid MacMall special offers.....

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Really do you have to post Apple stock prices? Like that has anything to do with the ownership or use of Apple products. It's usually the cheesy Apple cheerleading Websites that post Apple stock prices in big fonts so fanboys who don't own any Apple can go "rah rah rah, we're cool".

Just a thought.

bungiefan89

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I am very curious if 1 trillion can be reached. If so, wow is all I can say.
When last I checked, there's only about 60 trillion dollars in the world (that's supposedly the total value of everything) so 1 trillion market value would be pretty huge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.