Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Builddesign

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I smell a big fat bubble worst than 08.

Use that cash to build all apple mfg. plants in US.

PDXoPDX

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
I would think not. Most kids under 18 on MR, I'd guess. That's certainly the way it seems at least.

Maybe back when MR started, but aside from the trolls I'd venture that many of us grew up to be very successful nerds with portfolios.

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
Nope...I typed all that info in the reference and nothing shows up. But I'm still getting a 9/21 delivery date.

Ah, well. We'll get that email soon, I'm sure. I'm thinking Apple should update their site tonite with "shipped." I hope. Even though I was able to find mine on UPS, I'd like to see it updated and get that email!!!

ky3891

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
It says 699.80 -__-

You need to check out the after hour quotes.
Stocks are still traded after 4.00pm, when the markets close.

If you go to google finance, and search for AAPL. I think it is just hovering around $700 now.

Some people (traders) would have made quite abit of money on this, if they bought it last Thursday.

I would not recommend anyone buying this now, I think it is over inflated, most likely it would drop back down soon. If you see it go negative 3 consecutive days, then sell, or sell short.

Kenan

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
Really do you have to post Apple stock prices? Like that has anything to do with the ownership or use of Apple products. It's usually the cheesy Apple cheerleading Websites that post Apple stock prices in big fonts so fanboys who don't own any Apple can go "rah rah rah, we're cool".
Many of us follow MacRumors because we are investors that have a financial stake in the company. it is not just about using and buying their products, it is also about managing our investments.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
iPod touch was my second Apple product (had a Nano first). When it was announced I wanted one and decided to experiment in stocks (I'd been in mutual funds). My goal was to make enough in profits between announcement and shipping to "pay" for my Touch.

Never looked back. Own more stocks today - some have actually outperformed Apple - and no mutual funds.

And my iPhone 5 "paid" for itself in stock increase in a day this time.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Ah, well. We'll get that email soon, I'm sure. I'm thinking Apple should update their site tonite with "shipped." I hope. Even though I was able to find mine on UPS, I'd like to see it updated and get that email!!!

I'm guessing that means mine is coming via FedEx given my orders were put in at about 12:20 PST. I still should be in the 9/21 delivery range.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Apple has enough money to give one billion people a free iPhone, assuming the $650 price tag.

If they were giving them away for free you should go off the price it costs to make the 5 - which I believe is in the neighborhood of $180?

That would mean free iPhone 5's for 3.6 billion people! :eek:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The rise of Apple's stock has presented an interesting problem for some mutual fund investors. Buying a large-cap mutual fund, say an index fund, is supposed to diversify your investments, but if you aren't careful you are putting more and more of your eggs in one (Apple) basket.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
It will soon be time to split the stock again. 2 to 1 might not be enough this time. 4 to 1 would better for investors and really accelerate the push toward being the first trillion dollar company.

Splits are meaningless number shuffles. They don't help investors one bit, and they certainly don't increase a company's market valuation. The only investors who might be affected are the ones who can't afford even a single share at the current price, and they aren't exactly the types of investors who move markets.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I know a retired lady not far from me who had bought 2500 shares at $17.80 I told her not to wait anymore and just sell. That's enough for her to retire ($1.7m)

I wish I kept the 50 shares when I bought it at $89 and sold at $150 thinking eh, it'll never go higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.