Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Oy, Verizon tried to charge my phone as "cellco partnership" which amex picked up as fraud. It's cleared up with amex now however I'm concerned Verizon will now cause delays. Verizon reps are completely useless, saying that "they think they will try again soon" but that my order shows it will ship on 9/21 instead of arrive on 9/21. The online Verizon order status shows shipping on 10/5 lol. Anyone else running into this BS?

NJMacJunky

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Everywhere, yet nowhere.
I had a call from Chase the day after i placed my order with my credit card just to verify the activity, they didnt say if VZW was trying to use another name to make the charge, but shevtold me there was no hold or any issue with the charge going through. I have yet to be charged yet though.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
Cellco Partnership IS Verizon Wireless and Vodafone joint company. Technically its the right company.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Cellco Partnership IS Verizon Wireless and Vodafone joint company. Technically its the right company.

Yes, obviously. But the point is that, in AMEX's eyes, it is sketchy (I'm not the only one that has gotten held up by AMEX). Took forever to get the right person at Verizon, but it sounds like she was able to force the charge to go through again so hopefully I'm still on for Friday. Interestingly, this time the charge came through listed as Verizon.

armoredsaint

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2010
USA
i've had many charges from VZW as cellco on my corp Amex and personal amex over the years and zero issues.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
i've had many charges from VZW as cellco on my corp Amex and personal amex over the years and zero issues.

Interesting. Maybe it's because my biz spg card is relatively new compared to my personal.

grodgers

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
I ordered from Apple. Got a call the next day from my card provider - said that they had frozen my card for fraud. Crazy. My phone has been allocated (can see the serial number in "my support profile") but hasn't yet shipped. If I don't get it on Friday because of my card company i'm going to be irritated :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.