Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

BGR shares a few photos of what seems to be the first publicly-revealed unboxing of the iPhone 5. It is unclear how the source was able to obtain an iPhone 5, but the photos show the box itself and the rear of the device, as well as the trio of accessories that are included in the box: EarPods, power adapter, and Lightning to USB cable.

iphone_5_unbox.jpg
iphone_5_unbox_open.jpg
The EarPods appear to be packaged identically to the standalone retail version of the new Apple earphones, including a small travel case.

iphone_5_4s_unbox.jpg
iPhone 5 (left) next to iPhone 4S (right)
The first round of pre-orders are already en route to their destinations, although Apple has arranged for carriers to hold deliveries until the official Friday launch. It is not unheard of, however, for a handful of deliveries to slip through early.

Article Link: First iPhone 5 Unboxing Photos Reveal Packaging Layout and EarPods Travel Case

nickpro

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Bay Area
that black box REALLY takes me back to the original 2007 iPhone....man i'm getting excited (and its been a while since i've truly been excited for an iPhone release)!

LeeNH

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
New Hampshire
My word. If I was taking pictures of the very first iPhone 5 received, I'd at least make sure there were no fingerprints....

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I wonder if that saves money to package them as retail. On one hand, they can mass produce those and just throw them in as a convenience, but it also uses more materials and such.

I'm thinking it may not be so much of a money saver but more so of a quality approach, it does look a lot nicer and higher quality this way.

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
Look at all of those fingerprints on the back. I'm glad I chose to go white this time. No racist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.