Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgonzalezNYC

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Revere, MA
iPhone 5 (left) next to iPhone 4S (right)[/center]
The first round of pre-orders are already en route to their destinations, although Apple has arranged for carriers to hold deliveries until the official Friday launch. It is not unheard of, however, for a handful of deliveries to slip through early.

I checked my status on UPS and it says delivery for Friday 9/21, by end of the day. Does that mean there is no chance that it will be delivered earlier like Thursday? Or could Apple (having told UPS/FedEx to hold them until Friday) notify them to start delivering them early? My iPhone left Anchorage, Alaska around Midnight local time this morning and who knows where it will be later tonight (hoping it lands in NYC!)

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
let's see how many people will have the yellow screen problem this time :rolleyes:

Joshwawilson

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Missouri
I ordered mine in less than 20 minutes after preorders started (as soon as i could finish the order successfully) and mine hasn't even shipped yet.

yukycg

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
is it me or the fingerprint is more easily shown in iphone 5 than the iphone 4s?
I hope it will not be a i-fingerprint magnet

daverso

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Kind of looks like an apple store table? :rolleyes: I hate this part of the process! Very excited for friday to come around!

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
iPhone 5 (left) next to iPhone 4S (right)[/center]
The first round of pre-orders are already en route to their destinations, although Apple has arranged for carriers to hold deliveries until the official Friday launch. It is not unheard of, however, for a handful of deliveries to slip through early.

I checked my status on UPS and it says delivery for Friday 9/21, by end of the day. Does that mean there is no chance that it will be delivered earlier like Thursday? Or could Apple (having told UPS/FedEx to hold them until Friday) notify them to start delivering them early? My iPhone left Anchorage, Alaska around Midnight local time this morning and who knows where it will be later tonight (hoping it lands in NYC!)

It will probably land in kentucky soon, and because it says Friday by end of day, there's virtually no shot at early delivery. Others have dates of Thursday by end of day, but may or may not be held back. I checked mine and it says friday by end of day as well.

K-Rob

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Looks like the apple logo and iPhone font are raised slightly. That would account for the air pockets around them. That's kinda nice cuz it would help reduce scratching on the back of the phone. Especially the camera glass.

raymondkerr

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
terrible picture of the phones there, the black looks awful, unless the plastic film has still to be removed, I was going back to black this time, but now considering sticking with white. :confused:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I ordered mine in less than 20 minutes after preorders started (as soon as i could finish the order successfully) and mine hasn't even shipped yet.

It has....depending on where its coming from. If from Foxconn, its probably in Anchorage, Alaska (like my wife's) whereas mine started in Nashville, Tennessee and is still there.

Use the phone number you put down for your billing info and enter your country/zip code on http://www.ups.com under track by reference. Should be able to find it there.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
terrible picture of the phones there, the black looks awful, unless the plastic film has still to be removed, I was going back to black this time, but now considering sticking with white. :confused:

Given that the back is mostly aluminium I'd say fingerprints won't be a big issue and the ones in the picture are due to the plastic film still being on.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

Yes, the protective film is still on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.