Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
Depends on the theater. I've had to print out a pass that I gave to the guy at the gate, but I've also used special Fandango kiosks before in other theaters where you scan your credit card and it printed tickets. It's been a few years, though, so they may do something entirely different by now.

the kiosks are most common now.

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That is currently not working for me.

"Cannot connect to iTunes store" every time.

Same here. I would have thought that it was a issue with the app or a hard coded link somewhere, but if some people have it working while others do not, it must be a server issue.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Same here. I would have thought that it was a issue with the app or a hard coded link somewhere, but if some people have it working while others do not, it must be a server issue.

I found a fix, and it connects and updates.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19617541?tstart=0#19617541?tstart=0

Try this.

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to update the apps again. If you get an error message, go back to the settings. Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try to update the apps again.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
For those getting the connection error, this fix worked for me:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19617541?tstart=0#19617541?tstart=0

I have another problem now, though. I just bought some movie tickets with the Fandango app, and sure enough, there is an "Add To Passbook" option. But every time I click on it I get the following error.....

IMG_1124.PNG

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
First app for Australia is up.

"Shoppernova" - Run by a radio station here in Australia , The app allows discount vouchers.

If you book via the "Virgin Australia" website now on your iPhone the confirmation is now sent to passbook.

I also work for a Hotel in Australia and we are currently developing a confirmation for express check in's via passbook and even an app to contact concierge and reception.

Hope To see more apps today!

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
OK I'm a little confused. So I guess boarding passes/tickets need passbook enabled apps to work? Seems only fandango has done this.

But what about loyalty cards? and gift cards? How do we add them? We need an app to start with? Seems a little odd. How did you get your walmart card up?
Also curious about this. How will cards get added to Passbook without the need for an app?

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
So, how does this work if you're buying multiple tickets? If I'm going to a show with a friend, do we have to go through the ticket gate together? What about places like movie theaters where you have to show your stub to exit and reenter?

Is there a way to distribute tickets to other members of the group, and if so how do they stop you from distributing to the world?

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Has anyone gotten the Starbucks app to work with passbook yet? Or do we have to wait for an app update?

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
I have a couple of tickets I bought from Ticketmaster a couple of weeks ago that unfortunately I can't get into Passbook. I was hoping Ticketmaster's app would allow you to throw your previously ordered tickets into passbook but apparently no.

hagoleshet

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Another way to get passes without an app

You can create passes for your credit / debit cards by using BillGuard for Passbook http://passbook.billguard.com.
It'll show you your balance and you'll get alerts for suspicious charges on your card. You don't need to install another iPhone app for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.