Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DP1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Am I the only one having issues not seeing new pictures after taking them ? Went through every option and setting and nothing is working. Try to download a picture from safari it won't save, take a new picture and it doesn't show up in camera roll. What's going on here ? iPhone 4S on Verizon here freshly upgrade to ios 6... Help!!

DP1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
No response any where even online. Maybe an isolated issue ?

jspring0033

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Am I the only one having issues not seeing new pictures after taking them ? Went through every option and setting and nothing is working. Try to download a picture from safari it won't save, take a new picture and it doesn't show up in camera roll. What's going on here ? iPhone 4S on Verizon here freshly upgrade to ios 6... Help!!

I am having the same problem trying to save a picture from facebook to my camera roll. It acts like it saved but when I go to the camera roll there is no picture.

When taking pictures though it does save to my camera roll. I guess the problem is similar in nature.

DP1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Same thing but mine is every photo option. Facebook , safari, and the camera itself. It shows it in the small preview box but when I click the small preview photo, it goes to the last photo and not the newly taken photo. Every new photo is not shown. Might do a full reset and try :-/

DP1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Tried about 4 different things found online none worked the ****ing sucks

P50

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
You are not alone.
Updated to iOS 6 yesterday, all seemed well until I tried to take a picture today. Having exact same issues, photos from camera or anywhere else not saving to camera. But my small preview doesn't even work, sometimes it shows the photo just taken but quickly changes back to last picture before iOS 6 update. Can delete older pics. Video recorder does not even start recording. Have done 1 restore today and it did not help. My iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken. Please let me know if you find a solution.

ggranger2280

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Got the fix!!

I too was about to throw my iPhone 4s against the wall when it stopped saving pics from Facebook to the Camera Roll. After about 2 hours of playing around I found the answer:

Settings -> Restrictions -> Scroll down to Photos and turn Facebook to On.

Presto it will work!

G

P50

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
That might work for people having issues only with saving Facebook photos, however I can not save to the camera roll from anywhere.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
I too was about to throw my iPhone 4s against the wall when it stopped saving pics from Facebook to the Camera Roll. After about 2 hours of playing around I found the answer:

Settings -> Restrictions -> Scroll down to Photos and turn Facebook to On.

Presto it will work!

G

this worked thank you

P50

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Just did these steps on my iPhone 4

Restored to "New iPhone" with iOS 6
Camera saves to camera roll
save web images from safari/facebook to camera roll

Restored to "Backup" with iOS 6
Camera does not save to camera roll
Does not save web images from safari/facebook to camera roll

Restored to "Backup" with iOS 5.1.1
Backup could not be restored as the 5.1.1 firmware was too old for the iOS 6 backup.
Previous backup was July which is too far back for me.

Restored to "Backup" with iOS 6 via DFU Mode
Still having camera roll issues.

Next step, try get iPhone 5 tomorrow, see what happens, any problems, will take into to Apple and they will have to fix it.

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm having the same issue. There better be a fix soon.

----------

Actually I tested again and now it's working. However three or four pictures from this morning are still missing, so I definitely had the problem earlier today.

The only significant related things that I've done today were a couple of reboots and I also played around with the "shared photo stream" feature. I also played around a ton with the mapping app and updated about 40 apps. Not sure if one of these random things could have fixed it?

DP1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
No solutions worked. My phone is not jail broken either. I've read it's an error during backup something went corrupt. A big middle finger to you apple. Never had a catastrophic issue like this with my droid that's for sure. Had to delete everything full reset. Saved photos to my laptop via USB, then backed up contacts through the Verizon transfer, upon restore I started as new phone not backup. Camera works fine. During contact restore it doubled everything up so I just spent about all day fixing that issue. Seriously pissed apple lost my faith.

P50

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
solution

Got my new iPhone 5 yesterday...
however the back up was corrupt so the problem from my iPhone 4 was now on my iPhone 5!

The fix...
All my back up's have always been done in iTunes
This is what I did -
backed up iPhone in iTunes
from iTunes, I un-synced all music/videos
from iPhone I deleted all apps that I did not need the app data for
I was left with about 13 apps (e.g. whatsapp) that I wanted to keep data for
from iPhone went to settings and turned on the iCloud, created an online back up
the first back up can take a hours (6 hours for 3gb for me)
restored iPhone in iTunes to new
restored iPhone from iCloud back up
all my photos, contacts, settings & app data for selected apps was back
camera roll working again! nothing is doubled up
can take pics, vids and save pics into camera roll

turned iCloud off
backed up to iTunes
restored music/vids and apps

Another fix idea -
in iTunes delete ALL backup's
create a new backup
restore iPhone to new
restore from backup
...might work?

Reactions: g00dGod

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
I upgraded to iOS 6 earlier and I lost all the nice pictures I took afterwards. My camera roll restored and deleted everything taken after the update. Luckily this has been my only issue with iOS 6.

dawnsparis

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Brand new Iphone 5 named album in camera roll and pics gone

Ok just got my phone - complete newbie to Apple - took pics on Halloween - everything in camera roll - perfect - it asks do you want to make an album - I named it Halloween 2012 - all pics disappeared and no camera roll - now the camera roll suddenly shows pictures downloaded earlier on Halloween from my old Sprint phone - any ideas? Is my phone broken? or am I just Apple stupid? :confused:

jbdesign

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
I had this same issue with the ffffound app where I couldn't save images to my camera roll. This solved the problem for me:
Settings>Privacy>Photos>Check 'on' for any app that you would like to allow to save photos to your camera roll (for example, the ffffound app)
This is the website where I found this solution:
http://www.cultofmac.com/206298/easily-allow-your-ipad-or-iphone-to-save-facebook-photos-to-the-camera-roll-ios-tips/

Caddisbug

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI USA
You are not alone.
Updated to iOS 6 yesterday, all seemed well until I tried to take a picture today. Having exact same issues, photos from camera or anywhere else not saving to camera. But my small preview doesn't even work, sometimes it shows the photo just taken but quickly changes back to last picture before iOS 6 update. Can delete older pics. Video recorder does not even start recording. Have done 1 restore today and it did not help. My iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken. Please let me know if you find a solution.

I am having the same problem... Across safari, Facebook, even camera. Took a photo in messages app from Apple and it never saved and didn't send. The iOS is buggy. This photo thing is a major problem for me as I constantly do screen shots for work to remember something I see in an article, etc. I hope they fix it soon.

JesJoyGray23

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016

----------

Actually I tested again and now it's working. However three or four pictures from this morning are still missing, so I definitely had the problem earlier today.

The only significant related things that I've done today were a couple of reboots and I also played around with the "shared photo stream" feature. I also played around a ton with the mapping app and updated about 40 apps. Not sure if one of these random things could have fixed it?

I turned my ipod touch off and then turned it back on. I was then able to take a picture and upload it to facebook. Also I found the pictures I had taken before turning off and turning on my ipod touch were now in my camera roll. Let me know if you do that and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbatos

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2016
Canada
I turned my ipod touch off and then turned it back on. I was then able to take a picture and upload it to facebook. Also I found the pictures I had taken before turning off and turning on my ipod touch were now in my camera roll. Let me know if you do that and it works.
I did the exact same thing and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

lailluma

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2016
That might work for people having issues only with saving Facebook photos, however I can not save to the camera roll from anywhere.
I have the same problem :(
[doublepost=1464331439][/doublepost]
I have the same problem :(
yes it did work thnk you so mch dear !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.