Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
I love the idea of the Apple store. All you have to do is click what you want to buy, sign in and your order is on it's way.

I bought Apple's EarPods and a MacBook Air.

The problem is both of them have arrived in the destination country but they intentionally delayed the delivery because "It's Apple's orders." They have to deliver at the scheduled day. The items can be delivered right now, but since "It's Apple's orders", it must be delivered 3 days from now.

This is ridiculous. Unreasonable. Illogical. Unacceptable.

I would be happy to wait if there really was a good reason behind the delay.
Just because Apple said that it will arrive on this date means that it should arrive on that date. If it can be earlier, it must be earlier. After all, who the heck even wants their shipment to be delayed?

Now I have to wait for the items to arrive. GRRRRRR....

Has this ever happened to you?

Last edited:

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I tell game retailers for preorders that I live at a rural address and they should ship it early to ensure it gets here on time. Most of the time the game arrives the day before.

I can understand why this is infuriating but it is only 3 days after all, surely you can wait that long?

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
I tell game retailers for preorders that I live at a rural address and they should ship it early to ensure it gets here on time. Most of the time the game arrives the day before.

I can understand why this is infuriating but it is only 3 days after all, surely you can wait that long?

I guess I'll just pick it up...

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Errrr... not exactly sure what's the fuss?

Apple is a large corporation. The carrier is another large corporation. I know they always say you are the most important customer, but behind your back they have to think profit, efficiency, meaning they go by a certain schedule because the people involved have decided that the most efficient way of getting the product to you, in other words, there is a not a team of employee called upon JUST to fulfill your order.

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
They just want you to be home to pick it up.

If I were Apple, I would want the date to be precise, as well.

Most people are not home to pick-up packages all the time and many people live in a place where it's not safe for a valuable package to be left.

By making the date precise, they can communicate to you exactly when it is arriving so that you can be there to receive it. Doing otherwise, would result in lost packages and inconvenience for everyone.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
It has happened to me with a MBA I got last month. When the order shipped, I got a confirmation on the delivery date. I made it a point to arrange my schedule so I could be home when a $1600 laptop was to be delivered to my door. It too waited at the local FedEx facility an extra day to be sure it came on the day it was scheduled to. If it went out for delivery a day earlier, it would not have been delivered as I was not home that day nor could I re-arrange my schedule to be home and I was NOT going to allow FedEx to just drop it off on my front porch. I appreciate having a high-ticket item delivered on the day they say it is to be delivered, and NOT show up early.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Hold up...

So they promised delivery by September 21 and now they're delivering on September 21 and you have an issue with it?

EDIT: nm, I read that as iPhone. Weird, they must want to make people pay for expedited shipping. For what it's worth, it didn't USED to be like this. My 15" Powerbook was scheduled for Tuesday and I received it the Saturday before. Same with my 12" Powerbook the next year. Apple's customer shipping approach has changed drastically since it became super popular post iPhone.

Last edited:

swissglide

macrumors member
May 9, 2010
Burlington, VT
I'd imagine they are trying to get the load off of the FedEx guys with the iPhone launch, and delaying other orders by a few days because of the congestion those create. Now, I am not saying that this is the fair thing to do, I am just suggesting a logical explanation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.