Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I looked at all of your older posts.

Here's a glass of hateraid for you. Try not to spill any on your Galaxy phone.

Give him a break, he's just pissed off because his $700 two months old S3 galaxy is about to become obsolete January, when the Galaxy S4 is released. And no, Samsung did not change release date from May to Jan because of the iPhone 5 - it was purely coincidental

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Dang, one of the stores in Australia had a butler serving beverages and snacks to the folks in line. Snazzy.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
I was going to buy the 5 but not with that new maps app. Accurate maps are critical for me. I'm going to either wait until Google releases a native maps app or maybe I'll just buy a 32 GB 4S instead. I'm still on the 3GS. I wasn't at the end of my contract when the 4 was released and held off from the 4S knowing that the 5 with LTE was coming

navigon, tomtom, waze, garmin. long list of apps in the app store. navigon is even on sale now at 50% off. and it works without a cell signal and uses google for any searches you might do

toshmac

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Philadelphia metro
Can you purchase the phone for FULL retail at Apple Stores now? Or still only 2-year subsidized contract pricing? And if you can purchase FULL retail is it unlocked? If not, when and how can you get it unlocked...

Thanks.

you can purchase at full retail pricing so you're not locked into a contract with the carrier, but they're not selling unlocked versions of the device yet

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Give him a break, he's just pissed off because his $700 two months old S3 galaxy is about to become obsolete January, when the Galaxy S4 is released. And no, Samsung did not change release date from May to Jan because of the iPhone 5 - it was purely coincidental

That means in December Samsung will promise all of their S3 users that an update to the latest software is coming soon. It will be released roughly 2 months after the S4 is out.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

So the iPhone 4s is "obsolete" because the 5 came out today?

That's a bit silly.

Frygon

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
PLEASE READE!!!

Got mine a few hours ago in Munic.
Nice Phone, but be shure to open your phones in the Apple Store to check for scratches. Many People including me, got some scratches on the chamfered edges.

Seems like Apple hat to lower there quality checks to get enough iPhones for the Release

inlinevolvo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
Has anyone here waited in line? I'm curious, what percentage of people actually get their phone, due to stock?

pedromartins

Suspended
Sep 7, 2012
Porto, Portugal
I hope iPhone x+1 will have worked out the bugs in iPhone x.
That ought to put an end to it ;-)

dim x, z as integer
dim bugs as boolean

y=inputbox("insert the current version of the useless iPod that makes calls")

for x=1 to y
if bugs=true then
z=x+1;
msgbox("OMG apple is doomed this think s*cks and apple is doomed OMG i think i will wait for the version" & "Z")
end if
if bugs=false then
create imaginary bugs
msgbox("OMG apple is doomed this think s*cks and apple is doomed OMG i think i will wait for the version" & "Z")
end if
end
end function

mtpflyers

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2009
That means in December Samsung will promise all of their S3 users that an update to the latest software is coming soon. It will be released roughly 2 months after the S4 is out.
Well sort of.. It will get Jelly Bean.. right after the next OS after it is announced... LOL

law0915

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2011

Whoa I didn't know that. I thought they just announced that they're going to announce it next year in feb. "Samsung to unveil Galaxy S4 in Feb 2013" via ZDnet.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Today...
iPhone 5 panned...
iPhone 4S pwned !!!!

5 just doesn't have enough to upgrade from 4.
Especially when the 4S works out at half the price in my case.

Sorry Apple... not this time... maybe 5S

LTE is worth the upgrade, plus lighter, faster processor....

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
I waited until 6 am east last week to order my phone, I got the two week delay. It said I should receive October 5. I get in line at my local ATT store this morning, get my ticket guaranteeing that I get a phone, I log in and apple says it shipped at 7:45. Now that it has shipped I cant use the upgrades. Apple is playing games with tier numbers. I wasted 2 hours this morning.

Should have sold your spot in line!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.