Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
Does anyone know of a program similar to Copypod for PC for Macs?? what the prog does is allowyou to backup your ipod songs on your comp so when you send it into service you dont lose all your music

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
theonenonlyjoey said:
wouldn't your music already be in itunes? why the need to back it up?
Hmmm. Wonder why it's called Copypod instead of BackupPod? :rolleyes:

While I could think of circumstances where you lost your music on your computer, and needed to pull it off of the iPod, using it as a backup for the iPod doesn't have much credibility.

Linkjeniero

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
wrxguy said:
Does anyone know of a program similar to Copypod for PC for Macs?? what the prog does is allowyou to backup your ipod songs on your comp so when you send it into service you dont lose all your music

I know one; it's called the terminal.

If your iPod's name is wrxguy's iPod, and you want to copy the contents to /Users/wrxguy:

cp -R "/Volumes/wrxguy's iPod" "/Users/wrxguy"

That should do it.

RJP31484

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Your best bet is "ipodrip" do a google search for it.. it is free for the first 10 uses, is built to do just that, and only that, and works like a charm!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
emw said:
Hmmm. Wonder why it's called Copypod instead of BackupPod? :rolleyes:

While I could think of circumstances where you lost your music on your computer, and needed to pull it off of the iPod, using it as a backup for the iPod doesn't have much credibility.

I have used iPod Rip a couple of times to either "backup" after a HDD corruption; or to provide a "clean" backup of a known source iPod to a corrupted iTunes library on the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.