Iphone 5 Buford, Ga - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:01 PM   #1
bosco500
macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 Buford, Ga

I spoke with Mall Security and they said they don't allow people to line up until 6am, letting them in at 8am. Does this sound right? I find it hard to believe they have security running around in the middle of the night. Anyone?
bosco500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:50 AM   #2
pyrodex
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to pyrodex Send a message via Skype™ to pyrodex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco500 View Post
I spoke with Mall Security and they said they don't allow people to line up until 6am, letting them in at 8am. Does this sound right? I find it hard to believe they have security running around in the middle of the night. Anyone?
I was there last year for 4s and originally I lined up at the Dick's upper entrance and was moved an hour later stating this was the wrong entrance. I was directed to the other side and when I got there was told to hang out in HHGregg parking lot. There was a group of campers there and they were doing an honor number system for who arrived first and at what time. The mall allowed us to get in the their parking lot and the door around 5-530. Then the mall opened up the doors and let the people inside in front of the apple store around 7-730.

This year I'm getting their a little earlier than last year, 4AM, and will try to park a chair by the door and then hang out as long as I can before kicked out of the parking lot.
pyrodex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:58 AM   #3
aquadisiac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodex View Post
I was there last year for 4s and originally I lined up at the Dick's upper entrance and was moved an hour later stating this was the wrong entrance. I was directed to the other side and when I got there was told to hang out in HHGregg parking lot. There was a group of campers there and they were doing an honor number system for who arrived first and at what time. The mall allowed us to get in the their parking lot and the door around 5-530. Then the mall opened up the doors and let the people inside in front of the apple store around 7-730.

This year I'm getting their a little earlier than last year, 4AM, and will try to park a chair by the door and then hang out as long as I can before kicked out of the parking lot.
which door? dick's or hhgregg?
Time Capsule
aquadisiac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4
pyrodex
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadisiac View Post
which door? dick's or hhgregg?
I got to the Dick's door but was redirected to the entrance across from HHGregg. This is the entrance that if you walk in and go up the flight of stairs you will see the apple store on your right.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:33 PM   #5
aquadisiac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I got to the Dick's door but was redirected to the entrance across from HHGregg. This is the entrance that if you walk in and go up the flight of stairs you will see the apple store on your right.
Thanks. Im not too familiar with that side i always go in through the Nordstrom side. I might have to go scope it out tomorrow.
Time Capsule
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:49 PM   #6
bosco500
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadisiac View Post
Thanks. Im not too familiar with that side i always go in through the Nordstrom side. I might have to go scope it out tomorrow.
I called Mall Security today. They said Door "4" at Belk was the door that would be opened early. The guy said they would open the door at 8am.

See you guys around 6
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:15 AM   #7
pyrodex
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I called Mall Security today. They said Door "4" at Belk was the door that would be opened early. The guy said they would open the door at 8am.

See you guys around 6
I think that is the door we went in last year... I plan to drive by after work on Thursday to scope out the situation. I have a feeling people camping out will be kicked out of the parking lot into another one such as HHGregg and then will be allowed to go over by a specific time to wait in line until they open the doors.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:49 AM   #8
aquadisiac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I think that is the door we went in last year... I plan to drive by after work on Thursday to scope out the situation. I have a feeling people camping out will be kicked out of the parking lot into another one such as HHGregg and then will be allowed to go over by a specific time to wait in line until they open the doors.
please let me know after scoping it out thanks
Time Capsule
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:02 PM   #9
bosco500
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Any news? I plan on being there about 6am
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:37 PM   #10
pyrodex
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Any news? I plan on being there about 6am
I drove by at 5-6PM today and no one was near the Door 4, I am leaving in a bit myself to get there around 1AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:43 AM   #11
BulletToothTony
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I drove by at 5-6PM today and no one was near the Door 4, I am leaving in a bit myself to get there around 1AM.
what's the latest at this mall?

i'm heading out soon but not sure if i should go to the verizon store (transferring from att) or go to the apple store
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:54 AM   #12
BulletToothTony
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
what's the latest at this mall?

i'm heading out soon but not sure if i should go to the verizon store (transferring from att) or go to the apple store
Well I decided to come to the Mall of GA and as of 6am there is almost 100 people, not too bad comparing it to 2 years ago at the north point mall where there was around 400 people by 6am
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:10 AM   #13
buzzbu
macrumors newbie

Can anyone give a status?

buzzbu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:18 AM   #14
war eagle
macrumors 6502a

Yes, think they will be there around lunch time?
war eagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups