Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

I live in Greenland, where you actually pay pr. MB for downloading off the internet. Hence, I have practised downloading patches and upgrades as installation packages, and then applying these to my laptops and desktops. However, with the latest iPhoto upgrade (9.4) I have downloaded "iPhoto9.4Update.pkg", but when I execute this file I get the message that "the version of iPhoto on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store"
WFT???

Is it no longer possible to download a pkg file and update several Macs? It worked fine with the OSX10.8.2 update just a few days ago.

/Bo

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Hi,

I live in Greenland, where you actually pay pr. MB for downloading off the internet. Hence, I have practised downloading patches and upgrades as installation packages, and then applying these to my laptops and desktops. However, with the latest iPhoto upgrade (9.4) I have downloaded "iPhoto9.4Update.pkg", but when I execute this file I get the message that "the version of iPhoto on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store"
WFT???

Is it no longer possible to download a pkg file and update several Macs? It worked fine with the OSX10.8.2 update just a few days ago.

/Bo

Don't !!! 9.4 has issues ! Since I updated , when I plug in iPad or iPhone I have multiple empty events showing up in iTunes !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.