Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
I have osx 10.8.2 installed, facebook integration enabled (contacts showed up, birthdays in calendar etc) but I don't get any notifications from facebook, and I do have this enabled in preferences...?

Anyone else having the same issues or know how to resolve this?

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I have the same problem. I have checked everything. It doesn't work at all. I don't see any facebook notification at all.

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium
It seems that not al types of notifications are shown. Today I had someone accept a friend request, that was shown in a notification. But there was also someone who posted on an event page (on FB you get a notification for that) and that wasn't shown in notification center.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
It seems that not al types of notifications are shown. Today I had someone accept a friend request, that was shown in a notification. But there was also someone who posted on an event page (on FB you get a notification for that) and that wasn't shown in notification center.

I think you are right. I had a friend requested accepted today and it showed. It also shows comments on status's and when people write on my wall I wouldn't want it to show everything that happened - that would be too much!

drking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
USA
Well…. I finally received my first notification for facebook. Not sure if this was it or not, but I had just gone back into system preferences and in the details section for Facebook, re-entered my facebook password and it started working. It may be temporary, but for now it seems to be working for me.

Drking

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
I too am having troubles. Only Messages are coming through (sporadically) as notifications -- no posts etc will come through

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Yeah I am having no notifications whatsoever.

Also I am kinda dissapointed they didn't integrate fb chat to the messages app. Not a big issue though, already had that working through jabber. (but it's not the most reliable, doesn't work 100%).

diogolg

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
I have the same problem. I have checked everything. It doesn't work at all. I don't see any facebook notification at all.

Weird... I don't have any option to check on Facebook Notifications. I had to disable the notifications because I was only getting notifications from messages. (and how i have facebook on Messages.app it was duplicating the notifications...)

mason.smith1975

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2012
me neither. Just rarely received some notifications when people send me a message on Facebook, not when people post on my wall or comment on my post

raffko

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Bump. Any solution for this?

I'm getting no notifications :(

Funny, I thought I'd be the only one with the problem.
I've been searching a lot and found an app for Mac called "Glow for Facebook"
It's pretty straight forward: you connect the app with your Facebook and then you will receive all Notifications in the Notification Center. Haven't missed one since then.

EDIT: forgot to add the link: http://glowforfb.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.