Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 PM   #101
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

I was out of there by 11:00
levitynyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:45 PM   #102
ayobonus
macrumors regular

Oh boy, was today crazy or what?

I got to the parking deck around 3:30AM and was like the 90th-110th person on line. When they let people in, the line for the walk-ins wrapped all the way around to the Verizon store! After a grueling 13 hours, I walked out of the Apple Store with a 32GB iPhone 4 at around 4:15PM. And there were still a lot of people waiting. It was insane.

It was my first time camping out for something, but it was a great experience though!
ayobonus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 08:45 PM   #103
bscottd
macrumors newbie

2:45-3-45. 13hrs here. I love the phone but NOTHING is worth that crap. If I would have know it was gonna be like that going in I don't think I would have done it waited a couple weeks. The way they were going 15.1 pre order to walk INS was just not at all right. Oh well it's all over now.
bscottd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:38 PM   #104
edog72
macrumors newbie

The aftermath

I'm still recovering from yesterday's experience. Got there at 5:30am and didn't get my phone until 6pm. Never again!!! Next time I'll try harder to get on the website to reserve! I only tried a couple of times June 15th figuring the system will be back up the next day. I know better now!

The positive is... I met tons of cool people and we all exchanged info. 12-13 hours together will def bond peeps.

Congrats to everyone who got a phone! It's effing-amazing!!!

E
edog72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:22 PM   #105
bscottd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog72 View Post
I'm still recovering from yesterday's experience. Got there at 5:30am and didn't get my phone until 6pm. Never again!!! Next time I'll try harder to get on the website to reserve! I only tried a couple of times June 15th figuring the system will be back up the next day. I know better now!

The positive is... I met tons of cool people and we all exchanged info. 12-13 hours together will def bond peeps.

Congrats to everyone who got a phone! It's effing-amazing!!!

E
Yeah I saw you. I was wondering what time you got outta there. I was up front. I'm sure you saw me cause I saw you always walking up there trying to figure out what exactly in the **** was going on. I was wearing a yellow and orange button up shirt, my right arm was tattoed and i was wearing a Lakers hat. What a cluster the way they handled that. The 2 lines. I mean couldn't they just have counted all the stock figured how many preorders and let walkins in accordingly. It's simple math. 15:1 ratio is just not right.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:24 AM   #106
edog72
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottd View Post
Yeah I saw you. I was wondering what time you got outta there. I was up front. I'm sure you saw me cause I saw you always walking up there trying to figure out what exactly in the **** was going on. I was wearing a yellow and orange button up shirt, my right arm was tattoed and i was wearing a Lakers hat. What a cluster the way they handled that. The 2 lines. I mean couldn't they just have counted all the stock figured how many preorders and let walkins in accordingly. It's simple math. 15:1 ratio is just not right.
Haha! You shoulda said something to me. It would've been cool to meet someone from these forums. I asked a few people in line next to me if they were on here but they looked at me like I had 3 heads!

Yeah, I kept volunteering to go up and to estimate how long it'll be. Everyone was getting delirious. How about the fight that almost broke out cuz that guy bought the spot in front for 80 bucks! That was one of the highlights of the day. That big dude was so pissed!

Next time they should really have another plan. I heard it was 20:1 ratio at first then eventually changed to 5:1. Either way, it really wasn't fair to those who got there the night before (I think 10pm was the earliest) and to still be waiting for a phone by 3pm the next day!!! I can see if their website/servers where taking orders and didn't crash... the majority of us would've reserved if it hadn't! They were really treating the walkin line like red-headed step children.
edog72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:21 PM   #107
bscottd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog72 View Post
Haha! You shoulda said something to me. It would've been cool to meet someone from these forums. I asked a few people in line next to me if they were on here but they looked at me like I had 3 heads!

Yeah, I kept volunteering to go up and to estimate how long it'll be. Everyone was getting delirious. How about the fight that almost broke out cuz that guy bought the spot in front for 80 bucks! That was one of the highlights of the day. That big dude was so pissed!

Next time they should really have another plan. I heard it was 20:1 ratio at first then eventually changed to 5:1. Either way, it really wasn't fair to those who got there the night before (I think 10pm was the earliest) and to still be waiting for a phone by 3pm the next day!!! I can see if their website/servers where taking orders and didn't crash... the majority of us would've reserved if it hadn't! They were really treating the walkin line like red-headed step children.
Yeah I should've said hi but I was just not really in the mood. I was just trying to keep my cool being that I got there at 2:45 am and was not moving at all. All I kept thinking is I was so close to the front and I had to wait it out. The dude in the front of our line was there at 7pm the night before. If I remember correctly he walked out around 11am. Also there was this girl who had the nerve to try and cut. She was in the back of the line and we all noticed her up front. I mean when you are in a line for hours and hours you KNOW who has been there and who hasn't. She tried to say that her friend left and said that she could have the spot. We called one of the Apple ppl over and they sent her ass back to her spot way back... way further back than you. She walked up to the line at like 9am initially. Like that is fair.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:11 PM   #108
phototech11
macrumors newbie

Anyone heading to Menlo Park mall for iPhone 5.

Looking to get 3 white 16gb and 1 black 32gb...all ATT.
phototech11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:07 PM   #109
nioted
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phototech11 View Post
Looking to get 3 white 16gb and 1 black 32gb...all ATT.
what time are you gonna get there? I'm still not sure if I'm gonna buy it on launch day or just wait a few weeks. If I go on Friday, I can only be there 8:30 the earliest (dropping off kids at school).
nioted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:15 AM   #110
phototech11
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioted View Post
what time are you gonna get there? I'm still not sure if I'm gonna buy it on launch day or just wait a few weeks. If I go on Friday, I can only be there 8:30 the earliest (dropping off kids at school).
I had to work this morning...so I am going after work...not sure what they will have in stock.
phototech11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:09 PM   #111
viggen61
macrumors 6502

Has anyone been there today? Wondering if its worth it to stop in after work tonight.
viggen61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups