Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Siri is confused. She thinks i'm in New York, Texas (yes, apparently that's a real place) for weather. I'm in NYC. When i ask her other things, she finds locations near my building in NYC. But weather forecasts are all messed up.

Is there any way to change this?

jeffarazz1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
I hope there is a fix. I'm in Richmond, Va but siri thinks I'm in New Richmond, Ohio if I ask about the weather. Maps and other location specific items has me in the right place.

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I have the same problem (also in NYC). She messed me up two days. I went outside earlier this week with an umbrella thinking it was going to rain. I got outside and it was clear and sunny (I keep my blinds closed so the sun isn't blaring in my eyes before I wake up in the morning).

mal5z

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Same for me. I'm in NYC and am getting Siri weather for New York, Texas. I assume this default can't be changed. Would love to hear if anyone has found a solution.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I assume this is something apple will correct relatively quickly. At least, I hope so. I doubt it would even need an iOS update, just a quick change in siri's servers.

blu3nine

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Yup, same problem. New York, Texas. It actually gives me three different forecasts. One for if I ask "what's the weather outside?" One for "Brooklyn" and one for "New York City". I hope this gets fixed soon.

t47

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
yep, same problem here. Siri thinks it's August again in NYC....
actual forecast is for mid 70s. But it does say "New York City," so not sure how it might be confusing it with texas or something.

301483_10152104313909041_184250443_n.jpg

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
yep, same problem here. Siri thinks it's August again in NYC....
actual forecast is for mid 70s. But it does say "New York City," so not sure how it might be confusing it with texas or something.

When i ask "how's the weather?" and then i click the Yahoo weather widget that she brings up, it says New York, TX on the web page from yahoo

t47

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
When i ask "how's the weather?" and then i click the Yahoo weather widget that she brings up, it says New York, TX on the web page from yahoo

Yep, same here when I click the widget. I got my result by saying "weather in New York" after the result from "how's the weather" looked off.

t47

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
And get this: when I say "weather for 11215" the widget shows Brooklyn, **Ohio**

I would have thought the zip code would straighten it out...

foamposite

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
I live in NYC and when I ask Siri for the weather, it always says it's in the 90s. When I click on the Yahoo icon, it loads the page up to Austin, TX.

kerryb

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
Siri-ously messed up

In New York City, since updating to iOS she thinks I moved to Texas not that there is anything wrong with Texas, I can't figure out a way to change the settings on the Yahoo page (click the "i") to see what I mean. Add this one to the list of the buggiest iOS version to date.

foamposite

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
In New York City, since updating to iOS she thinks I moved to Texas not that there is anything wrong with Texas, I can't figure out a way to change the settings on the Yahoo page (click the "i") to see what I mean. Add this one to the list of the buggiest iOS version to date.

Yeah, when I clicked on it, it takes me to the Yahoo page and it's listed as "New York, TX". Never even knew such a place existed! iOS 6 has too many bugs, Apple seemed to have rushed it with this one.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Lol, same here. I'm in Vancouver but get the weather for Toronto. It's weird because if I ask where I am, it gets that question right.

Kellsauce

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Go to the weather app and click the "I" in the bottom right-hand corner. Add your proper location, (NYC is there) and drag it to the top of the list. That should solve da probzz lmao

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.