Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Hey everyone,

I've seen this question multiple times in other threads, but still haven't seen an answer...

I've shared a photostream with my boyfriend who also has an iPhone 4s, updated to ios 6, and has iCloud on with Photostream and sharing enabled. The Photostream I shared with him is STILL not showing up on his phone.

Is there some kind of invite he has to accept or somewhere he has to go? I can't seem to find instructions anywhere that may point out something I missed.

frosty001

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Different problems.

Sorry, i am no help on your query but I though i'd add my own problems as it's Shared Photostream related so maybe 'the cloud' will get fixed and resolve both out problems...

I select photo's from my iPhone & iPhoto (OSX) to add to a Shared Photostream album. Add email addresses. Album is created. Email is received by recipient. They click the link to 'join photo photostream' and then a pop-up error appears saying 'Unable to join Shared Photostream. Please try again later'.

Hope this a temporary bug.

One thin I have found out is that if you choose the public link, those pictures on the website are lower res, so it's not a suitable method for transferring multiple images for professional use. Not a big deal as it was unlikely to replace Dropbox, but good to know....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.