Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1
777steve
macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 Milton keynes U.K

hi there, ive never waited in line for a product launch before, is anyone else planning on waiting at milton keynes store? i plan on getting there at about 6.30. Does anybody think thats too late?
777steve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:52 AM   #2
only1skingle
macrumors newbie

yeah me and the mrs will be there. Planning on getting there about the same time (6am).

I went to the launch of the 4 there too and at around the same arrival time and i was in the first 2o people.

Although that was back in the summer weather. It's now slightly colder and darker etc so not sure if everyone will brace themselves for an early queue start this time round. we shall find out!

only1skingle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:54 PM   #3
only1skingle
macrumors newbie

Anyone else going for the launch?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 AM   #4
only1skingle
macrumors newbie

There is a lengthy queue already at 5 am. I am probably around 50 back.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:01 AM   #5
notpotter
macrumors newbie

After reading about some of the other UK launches I felt we were very lucky with the MK launch. Very well organised and monitored. Staff were on the rounds making sure no-one was queue jumping/advising them where the back of the queue was.

Breakfast pastries/coffees started coming round at 7 and the guys with the tickets at 7.30. Was there from 6.30 got out by 11.20, was only actually in the store for about 10 minutes!

The handset I was sold had a defective screen but there were no quibbles when I returned it, in and out in 10 minutes. Impressed with the customer service I was provided. This was the first time I've actually bought the phone direct from apple.
notpotter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:58 AM   #6
dav146
macrumors regular

I was there from around 5.15. Got served at 9.45. The Apple staff did a good job watching for the queue jumpers. They did miss one however that jumped in 2 places in front of me....

I found it quite amusing coz he jumped in after the cards were issued.

What a sense of satisfaction I felt an hour and a half later when he got into the store without a reservation card & was promptly asked to leave the store!

Karma is a bitch dude !!!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:29 PM   #7
notpotter
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav146 View Post
I was there from around 5.15. Got served at 9.45. The Apple staff did a good job watching for the queue jumpers. They did miss one however that jumped in 2 places in front of me....

I found it quite amusing coz he jumped in after the cards were issued.

What a sense of satisfaction I felt an hour and a half later when he got into the store without a reservation card & was promptly asked to leave the store!

Karma is a bitch dude !!!
Haha brilliant! There were two that tried in front of us, when we finally got into the shopping centre and the Apple guy standing there asked everyone in the queue what they thought and ushered them to the back.

I would have thought you would avoided the stupid interviewers from Heart radio also?

What was the guys reaction like?
notpotter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups