Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1
pound4pound
macrumors newbie

Sold iPhone 5 on eBay. How to help buyer activate without changing my own contract?

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 5 from Apple on an AT&T contract and then sold it for a profit on eBay to somebody also on AT&T. They are having a hard time with activating the device as it apparently requires my billing zip and last 4 digits of my SSN to activate. I removed the SIM card before shipping the phone. An AT&T rep told me I have to activate with my info, which will deactivate my own phone line until I go to the AT&T store and ask for a new SIM card. Is this accurate? How can I help my ebay buyer activate his new phone?

Thank you!
pound4pound is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone