Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Bluetooth is working fine in our 2011 Flex and my 2009 MKS. USB works just like my 4 did with my MKS. Haven't tried it in the Flex yet. Haven't tried anything with texting yet.

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I have a 2011 Focus, with version 1 SYNC. Latest firmware (3.2.2) added Bluetooth MAP support. Took a little bit of fidgeting, but I got texts to come through. I had a 4S and now a 5.

I have a 2012 Ford focus titanium with MFT and Sync. (v 3.0.2) I paired my iPhone 5 yesterday and it functions Identically to my iPhone 4S on the system. The text screen did appear for the first time, but it did not work for me. I started combing the Internet looking for references to the new 3.2.2 update and functioning text services. Your post is the only one I could find that claims that texting now works with the iPhone 5 and 3.2.2. Could you be more specific when you say "a bit off fidgeting"?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Updated MFT Gen 2 to 3.2.2 on 2011 Explorer, but IP4 w/iOS6 doesn't work with text messaging. IP5 due tomorrow so I will try then.

BTW, on MFT there is no Systems->Advanced->MAP for BT as others have mentioned. When I check the Info setting for my iPhone, here's the info:

Profiles: PBAP SMS 3WayCall
Version: 6.0
Carrier: AT&T

Also when connected on the iPhone 4 under Settings->Bluetooth->Sync, the only setting available is Sync Contacts.... nothing for Show Notification. Unless the 4s or IP5 does something different, its not working for me.

Last edited:

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have a 2012 Ford focus titanium with MFT and Sync. (v 3.0.2) I paired my iPhone 5 yesterday and it functions Identically to my iPhone 4S on the system. The text screen did appear for the first time, but it did not work for me. I started combing the Internet looking for references to the new 3.2.2 update and functioning text services. Your post is the only one I could find that claims that texting now works with the iPhone 5 and 3.2.2. Could you be more specific when you say "a bit off fidgeting"?

Yes please explain.

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Ok, here are the steps I took:

Since my 5 was a new phone, I didn't need to delete it from the car bluetooth. However, if you're still using a 4S, delete it after you've updated to iOS6.

Once added, go to Phone Menu -> Text Messages and make sure notifications are turned on.

Next, go to System Services -> Advanced -> MAP Profile. Make sure when selected it says Off? As that's actually on.

Finally, go into your phone's settings -> Bluetooth and press the small blue icon on the right and turn on "Show notifications".

You will now have it working for incoming texts. You can send yourself one, it'll pop up on the screen and just press the "Siri" button on the steering wheel and say "Text message". It'll say the text, but not who it's from.

Haven't figured out how to get sending to work though.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.

He has a Sync V1 system. They seem to be working to some degree. Owners of cars with MFT such as us are not as lucky.

Adamsr1968

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Ford Fiesta 2012 with Sync only. Was working on my 4S. Now the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 doesn't. Doesn't work via Bluetooth or the Lightening USB cable. Bummed.

jourabchid

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Bluetooth keeps dropping out and not connecting properly for me. I have to cycle bt on and off and manually connect... Quite a pain.

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I just spent 45 minutes updating the Sync software in my 2012 Ford focus Ti to version 3.2.2. After pairing my iPhone 5 with Sync, I can report the bluetooth is working just the same as it did with the previous system with my former iPhone 4s running 5.1.x. Texting through Bluetooth is still a no go.

As an aside, in just 30 minutes of driving with Sync 3.2.2, I have encountered the following:

(a) response to voice commands is much quicker
(b) the MFT system seemed to index my iPod far quicker than in the past (< 3 minutes)
(c) 3.2.2 broke the climate display on the MFT 8" display. The display no longer matches the actual state of the climate control system
(d) The shuffle button seems to work when listening to my iPod
(e) It still incorrectly displays track information/album art

I know this isn't a Ford forum, but I thought I'd warn those of you considering the upgrade. You'll be trading one set of bugs for another.

Last edited:

jourabchid

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Turns out all I had to do was delete my old phone from my 08 edge, which gets rid of primary allowing media stream to pick back up automatically when starting the car.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I haven't had any issues so far on my 2011 Mustang. I have the Gen 1 version of sync. Bluetooth stream works great and USB works as well.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Bluetooth keeps dropping out and not connecting properly for me. I have to cycle bt on and off and manually connect... Quite a pain.

Notice that this morning after updating to 3.2.2 MFT. Had to delete and re-pair iPhone 5. Come on Ford and get this stuff fixed!

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I have a 2012 edge with MFT 3.2.2. iPhone 5, text options show up on MFT, but doesn't work.

Oh well

r i c h

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
California
2011 F150 Raptor... I can't report any problems using the iPhone 5 via Bluetooth. I have heard that the call quality, via Bluetooth, is different (neither better nor worse) compared to my previous Thunderbolt.

Daddyhoundog

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
f150 sync and Iphone dont see each other

Hi I to lhave the same trbl. sync and my iphone 5 from verizon dont see each other. Tryed updateing sync last night steal notheing any ideas?

a8nnc

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Brand New Ford and I Phone 5 wont work

I purchased a Brand New Ford Escape in August and I have had numerous problems with the SYNC system, I had an I Phone 4 and now I have an I Phone 5. All Ford want to do is make excuses and not help me, they blame Apple for all of the problems, radio not working/phone freezing/switching itself off/phone going on mute/no bluetooth/no turn by turn navigation, I could go on. Customer Service has been so AWFUL! The car had no disclamier.....saying if you have an APPLE I PHONE DO NOT BUY! What can I do.......

brholton

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I purchased a Brand New Ford Escape in August and I have had numerous problems with the SYNC system, I had an I Phone 4 and now I have an I Phone 5. All Ford want to do is make excuses and not help me, they blame Apple for all of the problems, radio not working/phone freezing/switching itself off/phone going on mute/no bluetooth/no turn by turn navigation, I could go on. Customer Service has been so AWFUL! The car had no disclamier.....saying if you have an APPLE I PHONE DO NOT BUY! What can I do.......

I have a 2013 Ford Escape also. I just updated my iphone 5 to 6.1, rebooted my My Ford Touch and deleted the initial pairing from my phone and MFT and repaired them, and turned on show notifications on my phone at Settings>Bluetooth>Sync my texts have started coming though. I have never had a problem with the iPhone 5 or 4s syncing to the MFT.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have a 2013 Ford Escape also. I just updated my iphone 5 to 6.1, rebooted my My Ford Touch and deleted the initial pairing from my phone and MFT and repaired them, and turned on show notifications on my phone at Settings>Bluetooth>Sync my texts have started coming though. I have never had a problem with the iPhone 5 or 4s syncing to the MFT.

Yeah I just updated MFT to v3.5.1 and after deleting SYNC bluetooth from my IP5 and doing a reboot, the Show Notifications on the IP5 BT settings finally appeared. Receiving texts works, but that's it. Ford really needs to find a resolution.

bandityo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
I have iphone5 IOS 6.1 and it works fine with my 2013 Ford Fusion. I work at Ford if I can help answer any questions for anyone.

David

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Our iPhone 5's work fine with our 2012 Edge on both BT and USB.

----------

The car had no disclamier.....saying if you have an APPLE I PHONE DO NOT BUY! What can I do.......

Sync = Microsoft
iPhone = Apple

Did you expect them to get along like best friends? :rolleyes:

bandityo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Only seen a Droid do the text messaging...never seen an iphone do it....and ive paired hundreds of phones...doesnt work on mine either.

carilynn

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Need a little help...

I just bought a 2010 Ford Escape. I have an iPhone 4 and was able to pair it with Sync and make and receive phone calls. However, when I try to play my music over bluetooth, it says "no bluetooth device detected." In my bluetooth settings, bluetooth is on and "Sync" is connected. In the Music app, I have "Sync" selected. Again, I have no problem making phone calls, but once I go to Bluetooth Audio, it won't work. Ford is telling me there is something in my settings I need to change to allow it access, but can't tell me which setting and told me to call Apple.

I also tried going to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth Sharing and there is nothing there. One of the guys from Ford told me that might be the setting I need to fix, but there are no options.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I searched and could not even find anyone having the same problem, let alone an answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.