Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiestlingjr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Is anyone else getting headaches and dizziness when using there iphone 5? It's not just when I talk, it can happen when I'm doing anything on it.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a problem like this.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
No, I have not experienced headaches but if you stare at a smart phone long enough it could trigger one. Also might be a sign you need glasses or a new prescription.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Overly bright or excessively dim can cause eye strain.
I would get yours eyes checked to make sure you are not a candidate for reading glasses.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I get the same exact thing !
every time a new iPhone is launched and I read these forums, I get a terrible headache.

the amount of ridiculous postings is overwhelming my senses :rolleyes:

wiestlingjr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
It is not my first smartphone. I have had all the iPhones since the iPhone 3G.

I have had a headache and pressure since I started using this phone for some reason.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.

I have had a headache and pressure since I started using this phone for some reason.

I highly doubt its the phone causing your headaches. Of course, if you 'think' it is then maybe its more of a psychological condition. Like how meth heads think they're on fire...when they're not.

However, you're still within your 30 days so you can always take it back and get a refund. So you've got that going for you.

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Perhaps, coincidentally, you are having some sinus troubles. I know here in MI it is cool and rainy. You have a new phone and are looking down at it much more than usual. It's new after all! When my sinuses bother me and I look down my head hurts. Drink some tea, stay off the phone for a bit and see if it helps? :)

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Is anyone else getting headaches and dizziness when using there iphone 5? It's not just when I talk, it can happen when I'm doing anything on it.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a problem like this.

Wow that is just nuts that you say that, I have been getting weird dizzy spells since Friday. I don't think it's the phone causing it, its probably the lack of sleep from camping out front of sprint all night to get the phone. Lol

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
radiation has taken over. Have you ever seen contagion? You might wanna take actions into your own hands!

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
It's probably just iPhone 5 Release Syndrome, a.k.a. release of tension built up in anticipation of the release. Give it a week ;)

Ksqrdx2

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
I am also experiencing this feeling. I thought at first it was just a fluke, but no matter what ear I use or who I talk to I get the same feeling. It feels like the ear that doesn't have the phone up against it is being "suctioned cupped". Or like it has a magnetic force coming in through to the phone on the other side. I don't know how else to describe it, but it makes me feel dizzy and it gives me a headache instantly.

punisher1-1

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
I have what the military classified as mild traumatic brain injury after getting blown up by a couple roadside bombs in Iraq and get headaches all the time. The iPhone 5 has not triggered any of them and I'm super sensitive to everything.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
I am also experiencing this feeling. I thought at first it was just a fluke, but no matter what ear I use or who I talk to I get the same feeling. It feels like the ear that doesn't have the phone up against it is being "suctioned cupped". Or like it has a magnetic force coming in through to the phone on the other side. I don't know how else to describe it, but it makes me feel dizzy and it gives me a headache instantly.

The iPhone 5 feature list kinda alluded to some active noise canceling for YOUR environment, to YOUR earpiece. Assuming this is true. I wonder if that is why you are feeling a bit odd in your ears, since your brain thinks some noise is MISSING from the ear that has the iPhone 5 (, or too much noise from the other ear). Most normal people are used to hearing the same noise level from both ears, or at least their brains are trained and conditioned to set that as "normal". So some people may refer this imbalance as dizzy, or some kind of headache

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere

I had the screen of an iPad give me a headache. Explained issue at Genius Bar, got a different iPad and the problem disappeared. It's not impossible that the screen is cycling at just the wrong frequency for you.

Again I had used other iPhones & iPads without issue.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Nope.

It might be a tumor?

9scsC.jpg

MHaynes772

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
Whoah, this is weird that you say that, but when I first bought it and made my first phone call, I got really dizzy and queazy and a pulsing feeling in my head. Seriously weird...

rmbpuser

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2012
i think my phone is looking at me at night no seriously how do you know it doesnt record you even now??

Davec330

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
This is crazy. I've have had different versions of the iPhone since 2007. Just recently got the IPhone 5. Every time I use my iPhone 5 I get very dizzy, a bad headache and also nautious I told a few family members who laughed it off. I honestly can't even use it. I had to put it in my bedroom and use my wife's iPhone 4. Something is seriously the matter with my iPhone 5. I have never experienced anything like this before.

wiestlingjr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one..

Maybe I'll take it to the apple store and swap it. I'll see if that makes a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.