Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiloverx

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
North Jerzey
My iPhone shipped yesterday and i checked on UPS and last location was in Anchorage, AK, United States. The weird thing is that the UPS page does not says by when it will be delivered (it always gives a date). Any thoughts?

Wspro

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
apple.com black iPhone 5 16 GB for Verizon.
After ordering on 9/14 at approx 9am est I was assigned an Oct 5 delivery date. Today I woke up to a shipment notification with a delivery estimate of 9/28. Just now I tracked it via my UPS My choice account and it is now showing a 9/26 by end of day delivery. Moral of the story is this - Apple grossly over estimates shipping quotes to give themselves plenty of wiggle room and to provide for a pleasantly surprised customer, so anyone who was in that same boat as me please don't get too bummed out, your phone will most likely be here before Oct 5th. Also, while tracking my package I took note of the reference numbers associated with my package and my phone number and apple order number (minus the last two digits of the order number) were indeed noted on the tracking information. so even if you haven't gotten any shipment indication from apple, keep checking with UPS.com.
good luck and enjoy your new toys!

jwire4

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Funny to see this thread start all over again! For all you who haven't received iPhone 5s yet, have fun tracking it, it's a great phone!

Wspro

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
My iPhone shipped yesterday and i checked on UPS and last location was in Anchorage, AK, United States. The weird thing is that the UPS page does not says by when it will be delivered (it always gives a date). Any thoughts?

When I track the standard way it doesn't show a delivery date yet but when I pull up my ups my choice calendar it displays it for a 9/26 delivery... I know that these phones are coming via "ups worldwide expedited" which guarantees a 4-5 business day delivery from Asia. My package began its voyage from china on 9/22 at 745 am (china time, so i guess that would be 9/21 Friday 745 pm here in NY) and is scheduled for a Wednesday 9/26 delivery to Brooklyn NY. You can expect similar results.

Replica33981

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
My iPhone 5 64gb Black just shipped, will deliver the 28th. Ordered at 8am on 14th, original ship date was 10/5. Hopefully everyone else gets the good news..

Haaker

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
Philadelphia area
Why are all the people that order from Apple telling is about their orders. This is an At&T back order thread. I really could care less about your Apple orders. There is a thread for that.

Great how your assumption was that everyone else was wrong and you were right. Do me a favor and be REALLY careful around one way streets. All those people heading toward you on the expressway must be terrifying.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Mine shipped today, I think it's funny how my iPhone 5 is coming UPS but every other Apple product I've ordered recently has been FedEx. Wonder how long it'll take! :D

malpalurgal

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Apple.com Date: September 14, 2012 5:13AM PST
AT&T 16Gb Black/Slate

FINALLY received a shipped email this morning, with the estimated delivery of Sept 28!:D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-23 at 9.14.59 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-23 at 9.14.59 AM.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 150

ehz1

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
FL USA
Same here, my AT&T 32gb Black iPhone5 which I ordered 6am est on preorder day has been shipped. :D Expected delivery on the 28th, hoping earlier since I will be out of town Friday & Saturday :(

pHeNom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2009
Houston TX!
No, you are taking the fun out of this for you. You can't control UPS, but you can control you. I look forward to your post after you get into a fight with the UPS driver. Brilliant, just brilliant.

When the UPS driver pulled up in front of my house this morning at 9:20 am, he was on his cell phone. As he walked toward me he laughed as he handed me my iP5 and the signature device, "I was talking to my wife. I told her not to expect me until late tonight." and according to my package tracking, he was on the road before 6:00 am. He seemed genuinely happy to be delivering iP5s to people. Hopefully, he didn't encounter anyone like you.

update I got him fired! you mad bro? :rolleyes:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i cannot believe my hubby's ****** phone is STILL sitting in china :mad:

his order was processes at 1:02 a.m...... WTF apple?????????????? :mad: others who ordered WAY after that are already seeing their phone in the states...

i'm really, really, really angry about this whole BACKORDER crap!

wilhub

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Texas
Are there very many people getting their iPhones on Monday?

My iPhone has been at the UPS Store since Friday morning. I have been on vacation out of town. I got back too late on Saturday to pick it up. I wish they were open 24 hours a day like FedEx Kinkos.

I have been going crazy reading all the iPhone threads. I can't wait to try the panorama feature.

I will be retiring my launch day iPhone 4.

I will be at the UPS Store at 8 am Monday. I am blessed to be off Monday.

Happy iPhone Monday!!! : )

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Phenom,

There is true empathy for people who aren't getting their phones. And frankly just like "cable tv" people can be very passionate over their iPhone.

It is truly conceivable that a customer will try to get a UPS employee fired, over not getting their phone.

Since we know you haven't gotten yours yet, we feel for you.

So, did it come yet, because you haven't told us.

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I can't order one until 10/6........managed to get my wife one though and she loves it......Apple won't even allow an upgrade 2weeks early! I tried calling Verizon and they said no as well.......oh well, i can be patient......i'm waiting for AMEX rewards points to post anyway so I can use them for an apple gift card. Come on saturday 10/6, come on saturday 10/6

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
All I know it's I sense apple held back supplies on purpose.

Why the preparing for shipment literally hours before retail stores opened on Friday? I was going to cancel order as soon as I got in line at apple store and guaranteed an iPhone on Friday.

Apple probably knew there would be people like me who would cancel preorder.

Same ith AT&T orders. How is my brother who ordered in store at AT&T corp store quoted 14-21 day delayed. But bam Friday his back order changed to no back order and he couldn't cancel his order either and his phone is shipping overnight delivery tomorrow Monday Sept 24th from Dallas.

No way this happens unless apple held orders back to creat demand. My brothers 3 iPhones don't end up in Dallas on Saturday Sept 22th all of the sudden for overnight shipment to Maryland when there was supposed to be a 14-21 day delay.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
All I know it's I sense apple held back supplies on purpose.

Why the preparing for shipment literally hours before retail stores opened on Friday? I was going to cancel order as soon as I got in line at apple store and guaranteed an iPhone on Friday.

Apple probably knew there would be people like me who would cancel preorder.

Same ith AT&T orders. How is my brother who ordered in store at AT&T corp store quoted 14-21 day delayed. But bam Friday his back order changed to no back order and he couldn't cancel his order either and his phone is shipping overnight delivery tomorrow Monday Sept 24th from Dallas.

No way this happens unless apple held orders back to creat demand. My brothhttps://forums.macrumors.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=15843852ers 3 iPhones don't end up in Dallas on Saturday Sept 22th all of the sudden for overnight shipment to Maryland when there was supposed to be a 14-21 day delay.

Apple made specific decisions to have units for sale during the Pre-Order, and then units available during opening weekend. Doesn't that define holding back, and weren't they quite upfront about that?

I think what you experienced is coincidental. In addition, there is the possibility they came up with more phones, either, due to cancelations or possibly unaccounted stock. This can happen.

pjones452

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Verizon:

I used a friends upgrade to purchase the phone and it's giving me a hell of a time trying to activate it. First I call and they say it can't be done because of the sim cards??

Then I call and they say just wait 24 hours and we can do it.

Then I call and they say activate it on the other persons account, deactivate it, and then activate it on yours.

WHATS THE REAL ANSWER lol.

You'll have to go to your carriers store and have them activate it under your number unless your switching from an iphone 4/4S. If so, you can cut it down to size to fit and it works perfectly. I am getting my phone tomorrow and I'm going to cut it to size (well try my best at least).

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
No way this happens unless apple held orders back to creat demand. My brothers 3 iPhones don't end up in Dallas on Saturday Sept 22th all of the sudden for overnight shipment to Maryland when there was supposed to be a 14-21 day delay.

It is quite common for companies to limit their own sales. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.