Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:46 AM   #1
rmwebs
Banned

iPhone 5, Apple Store Watford - Plenty of Stock after launch day

Went into the new Apple Store in watford this morning and was turned away. Phoned back up at lunchtime and was told they had 'plenty'.

Went down there, picked up a white 16gig on the awesome 'Three' plan.

The shop wasn't really all that busy. From walking in to getting served was around 2 minutes. Faultless! They even asked if I wanted to quickly open the box to make sure it didnt have any defects.

The store member said they had about 15 palets of them brought in about an hour before I got there!

Looks like the 'limited supply' was a hype builder!
rmwebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Slimzee
macrumors member

Just called this store now at 11am, they have 0 stock on unlocked versions.

The girl on the phone was a right ****. Every question I asked politely the only response I got was "I can't say!"
Slimzee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
The store member said they had about 15 palets of them brought in about an hour before I got there!

Looks like the 'limited supply' was a hype builder!
Looks more like the store member was pulling your leg, a number of posters here and on another forum have said they all tried the Watford store over the weekend for sim free unlocked stock and were turned away due to it being out of stock.
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4
rmwebs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimzee View Post
Just called this store now at 11am, they have 0 stock on unlocked versions.

The girl on the phone was a right ****. Every question I asked politely the only response I got was "I can't say!"
Sounds a bit like the person I spoke to on Friday afternoon, she was a right moody cow.

Me: "Could you tell me if you expect to get any iPhones in stock tomorrow"

Her: "Dont know."

Me: "Oh ok, any idea what my chances are of getting one if I come in tomorrow then".

Her: "No idea, we're busy so is there anything else you want."

I put the phone down on her...I know its busy but the miserable attitude wasn't needed.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123 View Post
Looks more like the store member was pulling your leg, a number of posters here and on another forum have said they all tried the Watford store over the weekend for sim free unlocked stock and were turned away due to it being out of stock.
Quite possibly, however contract wise they were selling loads of them when I was in the shop. Didnt seem to have any problem with stock at all.

Given that all of the iPhones arent carrier locked, you'll probably find they are limiting a certain percentage of the stock to contract only.
rmwebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups