Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
on my 4s the case fit so tight there was never any build up of lint, dust etc in the case when I removed it. For maximum protection I did use it with a back cover protector on my phone along with a screen protector. Same will be used for the iP5.

What about the beveled edges on the 5 installing and uninstalling?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
aside from the nicks that came on the phone from new there has been no new damage from the case from installing it or taking it off. I just did an inspection again now...same as friday when installed, no new damages

Thanks my white iPhone came flawless but it looks like the sides and polished bezel can get easily scratched/nicked.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
I have two of these cases for the 4 and 4S. I LOVE the cases other than that they scratch like hell on the back within hours of use.
Speck actually refunded me and let me keep the cases and said they will someday make the Candyshell in a matte finish to help this.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
I have two of these cases for the 4 and 4S. I LOVE the cases other than that they scratch like hell on the back within hours of use.
Speck actually refunded me and let me keep the cases and said they will someday make the Candyshell in a matte finish to help this.

Agreed about the scratching, though I hardly notice it on my white Candyshell. On my red one, yeah it's a little beat up.

They've already come out with a matte version. It's called the Candyshell Satin.
4/4S: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-satin-for-iphone-4s-4.html
5: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-5-cases/candyshell-satin-for-iphone-5.html

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
I'm also intrigued by the "Satin" version of the Candyshell which has a soft touch back which is supposed to be far more grippy and resistant to scratching. Anyone give this one a go?

hockey17

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
where did you guys find the white and grey candy shell? thats the one I want.

I checked bestbuy and verizon. only had black/black white/black blue/yellow and blue/coral

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
Agreed about the scratching, though I hardly notice it on my white Candyshell. On my red one, yeah it's a little beat up.

They've already come out with a matte version. It's called the Candyshell Satin.
4/4S: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-satin-for-iphone-4s-4.html
5: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-5-cases/candyshell-satin-for-iphone-5.html

My main one was black. It looked horrid pretty quick.
That matte looks awesome. In the 4S I need the flip though because of my Pioneer adapter in my car. The 5 this likely wont be a problem though so this is very enticing to me.
Thanks for the link!

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Is there an easy way to remove the phone from the CandyShell case? I tried one of these at Best Buy and it took me about 10 minutes to get case off. If it weren't for the ridiculously tight fit, I would have bought it.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
Just bought the Candy Shell Satin on Speck's website and it should arrive by the end of the week. I own the SATIN shell for my MBA. I love it. Will post pictures of the Satin when I get it.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Is there an easy way to remove the phone from the CandyShell case? I tried one of these at Best Buy and it took me about 10 minutes to get case off. If it weren't for the ridiculously tight fit, I would have bought it.

Its not easy but it does get easier. IMO you want it to fit tight. Better hold on the phone and less **** gets behind or around the phone.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Is anyone using the Candyshell in conjunction with an SGP / Spigen screen protector? Just would like to know if any bubbling occurs.

Also, how are the sides holding up on the Candyshell? I'm fearing the dreaded peeling effect :\.

Thanks in Advance :)

tju317

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Is anyone using the Candyshell in conjunction with an SGP / Spigen screen protector? Just would like to know if any bubbling occurs.

Also, how are the sides holding up on the Candyshell? I'm fearing the dreaded peeling effect :\.

Thanks in Advance :)

No bubbling with Ultra Crystal and candyshell. Can't answer about the peeling since it's only been a few days.

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
I've posted how I have the black one and LOVE the fit and protection it adds, but also am considering returning it to best buy and trying out the satin one. Is there ANY disadvantages of the satin one? I don't get why everybody only stocks the shiny version? The fit and build is just so good on the one I have that I don't know if it's worth risking a switch?

hockey17

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
just picked up the harbor/coral color from best buy. should look good with my white 32gb that I'm getting tomorrow :]

tju317

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
I've posted how I have the black one and LOVE the fit and protection it adds, but also am considering returning it to best buy and trying out the satin one. Is there ANY disadvantages of the satin one? I don't get why everybody only stocks the shiny version? The fit and build is just so good on the one I have that I don't know if it's worth risking a switch?

Should be practically no traces of fingerprints or scratches with the satin. I'm going to return it once the satin version shows up from Speck.

andy769

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
where did you guys find the white and grey candy shell? thats the one I want.

I checked bestbuy and verizon. only had black/black white/black blue/yellow and blue/coral

I was able to find a white/grey one at my local corporate AT&T store. Might want to try there.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
P1000596.jpg

P1000597.jpg

P1000598.jpg

P1000599.jpg

P1000602.jpg

P1000603.jpg

P1000604.jpg

P1000605.jpg

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anyone noticing slightly lower volume with the candyshell on versus off? I've noticed that I have to turn my volume down to 50% where I normally would turn it down to 10-20% since with the iPhone 4S it was so much louder.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone noticing slightly lower volume with the candyshell on versus off? I've noticed that I have to turn my volume down to 50% where I normally would turn it down to 10-20% since with the iPhone 4S it was so much louder.

Been wondering that myself. I still haven't got the ip5 but looking at the speaker holes it might be a problem. Does anyone know?

BTW I bought a white/black candyshell grip. And it has the same openings.

tokiidokii

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008

you really shouldn't hear a difference because of how it is molded. there is a giant hole inside the rubber lining for mic and speaker instead of them trying to line up the holes individually. my phone pretty much sound the same with and without the case (i don't have a decibel meter tho LOL) so maybe some holes in your case are plugged up?

i got the cobalt/butternut squash color and seriously... it is awesome! i might do a review on it. if i do tho, it's gonna be pretty intensive with lots of pics and stuff.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I love my white/grey Candy combo for my white iPhone 5. I had to take off the side protection so it would fit. Fits well with front and back shields though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.