Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Oh man. I for one would love to see the merger of the two companies. It would be a super giant. Well most of it would be apple. I feel like Nintendo is slowly hemorrhaging all its fans. The mac really does need more game options as well.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Is this some sort of viral advertising for Zombi U ?

Arise zombie threads, arise !!! :D

----------

Super Mario Bros. & Zelda games on iOS.... nuff said.

Or get an android phone and carry around all the Snes, Megadrive, Neogeo, Mame arcade roms, PS1, N64, etc roms you want on your phones 128gb microSD card... and install one of the many emulators from the android market place, you can even have bluetooth pad support and play with a PS3 pad.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
This is a long standing rumor? I've never heard it before. I don't really care either way. I suppose if Apple buys them they have a good reason. Most of their aquisitions have been very successful with the exception of Powershool...which they have now sold.

how about map related acquisitions? ;)

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
No i mean OFFICIALLY Ported Nintendo properties on iOS

Is this some sort of viral advertising for Zombi U ?

Arise zombie threads, arise !!! :D

----------

Or get an android phone and carry around all the Snes, Megadrive, Neogeo, Mame arcade roms, PS1, N64, etc roms you want on your phones 128gb microSD card... and install one of the many emulators from the android market place, you can even have bluetooth pad support and play with a PS3 pad.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
oh god no. i dont want to see a watered down version of mario or zelda on ios. thats a nightmare. i rather see nintendo and microsoft merge.

----------

I guess Apple see's nintendo struggling.

nintendo is hardly struggling. they make a boat load of cash from the wii and DS. 3DS is well on it's way to becoming as big as the DS. Wii u launch is coming out at Christmas time so you know they are going to be making major mulah.

i think if apple owned nintendo they would cramp their creativity.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Off topic, but I think this holds the record for the oldest necro'd thread I've seen yet!

I think a thread THIS old its quite alright to hijack and talk about anything you want, like the weather , your nans last operation, what the dogs just done on the front lawn.

Just as long as you keep a loaded shotgun and a way to take its head of later when you want to put it down, these zombie threads are damned hard to kill.

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
nintendo is hardly struggling. they make a boat load of cash from the wii and DS. 3DS is well on it's way to becoming as big as the DS. Wii u launch is coming out at Christmas time so you know they are going to be making major mulah.

If by making a boat load of cash you mean posting their first annual loss in three decades. :)

Your information is a bit out of date. They are indeed struggling recently. Their stock is even down to pre-Wii levels (to Gamecube levels even).

i think if apple owned nintendo they would cramp their creativity.

Yes. Nintendo would be way to quirky for Apple.

And Apple owning Nintendo is as silly as Google owning Motorola. Why would they piss off their 3rd party game market? And it's not like they desperately need more gaming support (as was the case in 2006).

I'd love to see Nintendo make iOS games, of course, since I'm not interested enough to buy their hardware. As with Sega that will probably happen if their hardware business fails. (And in fact, they're probably going to make more money selling only games, and possibly controllers.)

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Super Mario Bros. & Zelda games on iOS.... nuff said.

Yuck! Touchscreen controls are lousy for platforming.

----------

I'd love to see Nintendo make iOS games, of course, since I'm not interested enough to buy their hardware. As with Sega that will probably happen if their hardware business fails. (And in fact, they're probably going to make more money selling only games, and possibly controllers.)

Except unlike Sega, Nintendo makes money on their hardware sales. And also unlike Sega, Nintendo can survive even without third party support for that hardware.

cactus33

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
This means only one thing for me......... MARIO & other Nintendo games on the iPad and iPhone !!! That's what I've always dreamed about.

But I don't think this will likely happen, sadly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.