Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iorderediphone5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys. I want to see if anyone else has this problem and if there's some remedy for this before I bring it in. My phone simply will not vibrate. I've messed with all the settings, done reboots, etc. It just doesn't vibrate at all

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Settings>sounds. Do you have both vibrate settings turned off?

In each of the alerts below this setting, is vibrate set to none for ringtones and text alerts?

iorderediphone5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Settings>sounds. Do you have both vibrate settings turned off?

In each of the alerts below this setting, is vibrate set to none for ringtones and text alerts?

They are both on and ringtones/texttones have vibration settings on

I even downloaded iBrate and I get nothing... Guess I will have to bring it in but I can't until sunday...

Daz-o-matic

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
When I bought my new 3GS three years ago it had a bad, er, vibrator. It worked for a week or so then died over a day or two. Went from working fine, to a laboured brzt! when it should've been BZZZZZZZZZZZZ, to nothing. I tried all sorts of reboots and also downloaded iBrate to try and force it to work to no avail. Took it back to an Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked.

iorderediphone5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah I will end up bringing it in. Just hate going to my local Apple Store... FILLED with people/kids who have no intention of buying anything.

Therealluis

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
They are both on and ringtones/texttones have vibration settings on

I even downloaded iBrate and I get nothing... Guess I will have to bring it in but I can't until sunday...

I had this problem too with my iPhone 5. I found that switching off both the "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on silent" then switching them on again activated the vibrate function. Before that I had tried everything from restoring to deleting all contents and settings.
Ever since the vibrate started working I'm hearing a little "Rattle" noice after My iPhone vibrates from receiving a message or a phone call. I'm taking it to the apple store tomorrow since it sounds like a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.