Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the iPhone 5 in the wild for five days now, major apps continue to be updated for the device's larger screen. Today, popular photography app Instagram was updated with iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support. However, as The Next Web points out, Instagram's square photography method doesn't gain much from the iPhone 5's larger screen.

instagramupdate.jpg

But the capture mode is a tad awkward, as Instagram's square capture window isn't really able to take advantage of the larger screen real-estate. Also, curiously, the live filtration options seem to be gone on iOS 6. We're not sure if that's a bug or what.
Instagram was purchased by Facebook earlier this year, and the Facebook iOS app was one of the first major apps to add support for the 4" screen.

Instagram is a free download on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Instagram Adds iPhone 5 Support

crazyman3005

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Nice installing right now will look nice on the new screen too few apps gettin updates

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Ugh. If only I could actually update the app! It shows I have a pending update, but when I open the AppStore and go to my updates, it does show me the Instagram update, but the button just says "open" and not "update".

This new AppStore is not my favorite. At all.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
Rad yo! Now I can see my friends' lunches on the big screen! This **** is retro cool!

Brb Starbucks run, have to get my scarf collection dry-cleaned.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Rad yo! Now I can see my friends' lunches on the big screen! This **** is retro cool!

Brb Starbucks run, have to get my scarf collection dry-cleaned.

Follow more interesting people...yo.

Follow me @clevelandterry_(with the underscore)

Last edited:

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
that's not the only use for instagram..

you probably think that twitter is for stupid tweets from friends, right?

cichocki25 if anyone wants to follow ;)

It's the main use - look at my crappy photo I made worse with some bad filter. Not sure what twitter has to do with it, I never said anything about twitter.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
It's the main use - look at my crappy photo I made worse with some bad filter. Not sure what twitter has to do with it, I never said anything about twitter.

i know you didn't, but i was making an analogy.

people hate on twitter because they don't understand why it's around.

and people hate on instagram because they don't understand why it's around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.