Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Hi. I was curious if somebody could help me figure out lock screen dimensions. Namely:

ios-5.1-download-lockscreen-Optimized.jpg

I'm referring to the three distinct areas of the lock screen: the date/time area, the open photo space, and the swipe to unlock area.

I'm asking for the iPhone 5 1136x640 screen.

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Last edited:

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
The only workaround I could think of is setting some sort of grid as your lock screen and counting squares. Simple, not very effective, but possibly the only solution in the meantime.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Don't know if I misunderstood you, but do a screen capture (Lock + Home) and send the resulting photo to your computers and count pixels?!

And in case you want physical dimensions, after you counted the pixels, you am derive the dimensions with the knowledge that the screen has 326dpi?

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
The only workaround I could think of is setting some sort of grid as your lock screen and counting squares. Simple, not very effective, but possibly the only solution in the meantime.
That's actually not a bad idea. Rudimentary, sure, but it could get the job done for my simplistic need. Thank you!

----------

Don't know if I misunderstood you, but do a screen capture (Lock + Home) and send the resulting photo to your computers and count pixel?!

And this completely escaped my thought process. This makes too much sense. Thanks!

----------

That worked.

If anybody wants an approximation (very close approximation at that):

Top banner: 40 pixels
Top (Date/Time): 190 pixels
Middle (open area): 716 pixels
Bottom (swipe): 190

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
You're welcome. And thanks for posting the heights of the different elements. Saved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.