Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuma022

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2008
Can someone help me with this? I want to update to 10.8.2. I see that it's now through the app store, which is fine if it was working. When I click update all it says iPhoto can't be update because I run 10.8.1, but for whatever reason, even though it says .2 is installed, it's not. I restarted it several times, I always get the same screen. How can I install this?

screenshot20120925at750.png

blewvelvet

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Same Problem doing the update from App Store

I have a new Mac Mini with Fusion Drive.
Everything migrated beautifully...but as soon as I did the update to 10.8.2. (from App Store)...the computer would not boot up. It would just spin the gray wheel on the white background.

So I had to bootup in recovery mode (Command -R) and do a reinstall of the OS. It took about 30 min but it booted up fine.

I did the update agains (from the App Store) and it wouldn't boot up!

So I'm going to now do it from the full download as suggested here...will update later.

Last edited:

blewvelvet

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Update to my previous post

So I went to download the Combo update for 10.8.2 from the link posted above.

I installed...It said I could not update.

"OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

Hmmmmmm...so when I looked at my About This Mac.... it says I already HAVE 10.8.2 installed!!!

I think when you do a recovery...it downloads latest components..yet the App store does not recognize it.

So people thinking they should do the updates that are presented from the App Store ****S up what you have already...and this people causing their macs to not start up when they do the update from the App Store.

This App store of managing the OS updates is just not a good idea. I think it should be a separate area...through the preference panes...like they did before. That way people are aware that it's MORE than just an app. They shouldn't combine the iTunes app and the other apps as part of OS updates. It's going to be a problem with all these apps intermingling with the system too much. It's the problem Windows had...things get broken when they are NOT contained to themselves. Too much integration can be a bad thing to efficiency.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.