Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
Im also in Rosemead, CA next to Baldwin Ave and im consistently getting 3G signal this whole pass weekend. I've been testing in San Gabriel and it works too. But toward Monterey park it's back to edge. I'm sad that here at work I'm not getting it though. Hopefully one day it can come to work.

Here's the speed.
1: Edge at work
2: T-Mobile 3G at home
3: T-mobile 3G at home
4: Edge at home

Those Edge speeds are faster than the 3G I get on Sprint. :(

milan03

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New York City
Just to report T-Mobile 3G in Manhattan, NYC. 125th Street and Broadway. We're getting close to the official NYC 1900Mhz 3G launch!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0572.PNG
    IMG_0572.PNG
    421.2 KB · Views: 193

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Just to report T-Mobile 3G in Manhattan, NYC. 125th Street and Broadway. We're getting close to the official NYC 1900Mhz 3G launch!!!

Wow those are impressive. You must be using an iPhone 5 huh? I"m waiting for the refarm to hit my area to get one. I"ll be more than satisfied with those speeds until we get LTE next year.

hello12

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
will not happen

:apple:

This is going to happen. I've talked to multiple people from T-Mobile, by December we will have 3G from their refarm, and by march we will have 4G, both compatible with the iphones... and a cheap plan/ good customer service as well!

howardc64

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
3G in Bothell and Lynnwood WA

Saw 3G while driving through SR522 in Bothell and on I405 around Lynnwood.

Still Edge where I live and most frequent :( Redmond, Sammamish, Kirkland.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I have been all over NorCal and SoCal this week and there's no 3G showing up on my iPhone 4S.

Been waiting for some 3G love in the Central Valley, still on EDGE but love that all the features of my 4S work. I also have a Galaxy S2 which last I tested 4G coverage and speed in Lodi, I pulled a solid 14Mbps which means the peak here is 21Mbps from the HSPA+ towers but that is also on the AWS spectrum.

Once re-farmed, I hope my 4S can reach that or at least half of that. I have gotten spoiled by high speed data and call clarity.

Talking on my iPhone, has that old tin can echo effect.

geeman1997

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
yup i had a glimps of 3g this weekend

Anyone in NYC using T-Mobile? Do you still get EDGE speeds?

i was in front of a restaurant called dinosaur bbq in harlem ny and when i looked at my iphone 4s it said 3g there was no longer an e for edge i got so excited and i started showing everyone who was there with me that i was running on 3g,so if your ever by 700 east 125 street and you stand in front of that restaurant just switch your iphone to airplane mode and switch it back and you will see the 3g pop right up

andre178

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
San Diego and Chula Vista areas today got 3G showing up and speeds up to 1.1 Mb while driving, the service isn't steady flickers between Edge and 3G, but I think its the initial waves....

erb55

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
California
San Diego Officially Iphone 5 3G T-Mobile!!!

San Diego is officially running 3G on the iPhone...I have an iPhone 5 on T-mobile 3G and im getting speeds up to 10.65mbps!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!

Attachments

• Photo Oct 12, 5 41 20 PM copy.png
    Photo Oct 12, 5 41 20 PM copy.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
  • Photo Oct 12, 6 21 43 PM.png
    Photo Oct 12, 6 21 43 PM.png
    476.7 KB · Views: 153

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
I can't decide if I want to leave Sprint's 3G and switch to T-mobile's HSPA+ or stick with Sprint and get LTE. I'm ready to live the sim card life again.

sanches12

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
San Diego Confirmed

I also confirm that San Diego has 3G up and running. This is huge because T-mobile is now the only other major iPhone carrier besides at&t where you can talk and surf the internet at the same time while using 3G. My friends who have Sprint and Verizon cannot do this yet.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I can't decide if I want to leave Sprint's 3G and switch to T-mobile's HSPA+ or stick with Sprint and get LTE. I'm ready to live the sim card life again.

I'm not sure how T-Mobile and Sprint coverage are in your areabut based on Sprint LTE speediest results I've seen here, my T-Mobile HSPA+ network shows comparable speeds. Again, it depends on your area and coverage strength.

I also confirm that San Diego has 3G up and running. This is huge because T-mobile is now the only other major iPhone carrier besides at&t where you can talk and surf the internet at the same time while using 3G. My friends who have Sprint and Verizon cannot do this yet.

If you have an iPhone 5, I believe Verizon can also do this, but only over LTE.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
I'm not sure how T-Mobile and Sprint coverage are in your areabut based on Sprint LTE speediest results I've seen here, my T-Mobile HSPA+ network shows comparable speeds. Again, it depends on your area and coverage strength.

If you have an iPhone 5, I believe Verizon can also do this, but only over LTE.

Speed tests are marginal in terms of actual download speeds. You'd have to download a very large file to figure out "real world" speeds. I'll stay with Sprint until T-mobile converts DFW to LTE since I've seen T-mobile's signal fail to penetrate through buildings on several occasions.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Speed tests are marginal in terms of actual download speeds. You'd have to download a very large file to figure out "real world" speeds. I'll stay with Sprint until T-mobile converts DFW to LTE since I've seen T-mobile's signal fail to penetrate through buildings on several occasions.

That is a good point. The tests we did weren't scientific by any means. Just comparisons of web page loading side by side. I'm sure if we had done real tests we probably would've seen some distinction.

Gaboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
I have an iPhone 5 I'm using it with simple mobile now. I wanna know if this refarm will also benefit me on simple mobile and also I live in ga has anyone had 3G here yet

iag48

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2008
I'm in NYC and I have been getting 3G in my apartment on Queens Blvd and 48st, Woodside. Sunnyside as well has been 3G active.

However, certain parts in my apartment keep switching from 3G to edge, while having full bars. Which makes me wonder if I have the correct APN settings. Sometimes I have to use airplane mode just to force it from edge to is there a specific APN setting that we need to use?

vbtwo31984

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I have an iPhone 5 I'm using it with simple mobile now. I wanna know if this refarm will also benefit me on simple mobile and also I live in ga has anyone had 3G here yet

Yes, it should work with Simple Mobile once it's done as they just use the T-Mobile network, so whatever T-Mobile gives you will apply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.