Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan88

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I already got unlock fusion's email about unlock. It said its done. I need a non AT&T sim to verify after restore. It took only 3 hours to complete and process

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
i'm jealous of everyone here.. getting their iPhone's unlocked for $20?

why do us canadians always get ripped off. :mad:

r&r60

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
hey guys,

just signed up to post about this. so i used the unlock fusion ebay listing two nights ago around midnight EST to unlock my iPhone 5. received the unlock confirmation less than an hour later. did the restore in iTunes and received the unlock message (just like my iPhone 4 via AT&T).

curious to see if this worked, i was able to dig up an old O2 sim from the UK. i chopped it down with a pair of scissors and was able to get it into the sim tray.

as a result, i didn't get the "invalid sim" message that locked phones show. instead, i have "no service" show up in the status bar. i was also able to go to the carrier menu to see if it could pick up at&t or t-mobile service (which it would do in my old blackberry while the card was active), but it didn't give me a choice. i might of pulled the card out too early, since i only waited about a minute.

the sim card was used last used in november 2011 and i logged into my O2 to see it has a zero balance, even though i left £4 on the card. im guessing the inactivity of the UK sim card causes it to deactivate or at least zero out the balance.

im lead to believe that this unlock is valid. i was going to try this on a t-mobile sim i bought last week, but don't have it on me. i hope to give this another shot in the next day or two.

afsalva

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Does anyone know whether i can factory unlock Versizon iphone 4s? Right now i have unlocked it with Gevey, but i cannot upgrade to ios 6.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
hey guys,

just signed up to post about this. so i used the unlock fusion ebay listing two nights ago around midnight EST to unlock my iPhone 5. received the unlock confirmation less than an hour later. did the restore in iTunes and received the unlock message (just like my iPhone 4 via AT&T).

curious to see if this worked, i was able to dig up an old O2 sim from the UK. i chopped it down with a pair of scissors and was able to get it into the sim tray.

as a result, i didn't get the "invalid sim" message that locked phones show. instead, i have "no service" show up in the status bar. i was also able to go to the carrier menu to see if it could pick up at&t or t-mobile service (which it would do in my old blackberry while the card was active), but it didn't give me a choice. i might of pulled the card out too early, since i only waited about a minute.

the sim card was used last used in november 2011 and i logged into my O2 to see it has a zero balance, even though i left £4 on the card. im guessing the inactivity of the UK sim card causes it to deactivate or at least zero out the balance.

im lead to believe that this unlock is valid. i was going to try this on a t-mobile sim i bought last week, but don't have it on me. i hope to give this another shot in the next day or two.

From my experience the SIM cards expire after certain time if those do not connect to the network.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Just a quick note to add I did the iTunes restore when I got home and indeed got the "Congratulations...." message so I think it's all good.

r&r60

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I will be picking up the cheapest prepaid sim from a carrier other than AT&T either today or tomorrow and make sure it is unlocked.

are you looking to test out the iPhone 5? from my understanding, t-mobile sims won't be available until mid-october.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Well I jumped on the band wagon and ordered my unlock too. Thinking about trying to sell it on ebay unlocked for $1,100 to $1,200 (according to some recent sales) and then going to buy a full price one at Apple.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Well I jumped on the band wagon and ordered my unlock too. Thinking about trying to sell it on ebay unlocked for $1,100 to $1,200 (according to some recent sales) and then going to buy a full price one at Apple.

I just saw that – insane – who spends $900-1000 on a 16GB phone?!

Vivid5500

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Purchased 4 unlocks through unlock_fusion.. 2xiPhone4 and 2xiPhone5... The iPhone5 devices worked on the first restore but the iPhone4 ones took a couple restores before they popped up.. Great service.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
unlock_fusion worked with my iPhone 5! I kind of knew when I got the "Congratulations..." message in iTunes, but I wanted to make sure with my T-Mobile prepaid SIM.

Attachments

• 2012-09-26 17.56.18.jpg
    2012-09-26 17.56.18.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 120

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003

That's bad karma dude.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
ATT iphone unlocking are so cheap! Fido and Rogers in Canada cost 130 bucks for iphone unlocking! So 7-25 bucks for unlocking iphone At&t isnt that bad, cheaper than gevey ultra!

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

**UPDATE**

I purchased this one last night at about midnight, got the email saying that it was done today. just restored my iphone 5 to get the unlock message from itunes!! IT WORKS.

On a side note i called AT&T to have my old iphone 4 unlocked about two weeks ago, they did the unlock. I restored on iTunes about 4 times now and never got the unlock message in iTunes. However all the imei checkers that you all have posted show the ip4 as unlocked.. HUH

O yeah and it was like $9 ish

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.