Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloyd Braun

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
Can someone take a few pictures of their white iPhone in the white-and-light-grey CandyShell? I'm wondering how it looks…!

Last edited:

Aimetti

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
i got the black and blue trim one at target a few days ago. its getting returned. After really gentle use the last few days the thing is so scratched/scuffed up its hideous, and I baby my phone.

Lloyd Braun

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
After really gentle use the last few days the thing is so scratched/scuffed up its hideous, and I baby my phone.
Are we talking about the phone here, or the case? You do know the case is made from plastic, and is intended to protect your phone from scratches; not the other way around?

Hardness scale:

Clouds ----->----- Plastic ----->----- Metal ----->----- Diamonds

Aimetti

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Are we talking about the phone here, or the case? You do know the case is made from plastic, and is intended to protect your phone from scratches; not the other way around?

Hardness scale:

Clouds ----->----- Plastic ----->----- Metal ----->----- Diamonds

Case

and theres a difference between normal wear and tear and crap. Ive owned many cases for various iphones / nexus / sg3 / one x etc etc and this is pathetic.

sorry

mushed

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
North East England.
I ordered two cases from the Speck site (obviously in America) a purple/green candyshell and a black satin they arrived to me (in the UK England) on Tuesday morning (fed ex priority) I was so impressed with the quick delivery! And with the cases in general, I will post pics later (when I'm on my computer) :) they fit so nicely and look so good! 10/10 from me!

NickRno77

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
I ordered two cases from the Speck site (obviously in America) a purple/green candyshell and a black satin they arrived to me (in the UK England) on Tuesday morning (fed ex priority) I was so impressed with the quick delivery! And with the cases in general, I will post pics later (when I'm on my computer) :) they fit so nicely and look so good! 10/10 from me!

How is the Satin, is it bulky and what's the grip like, got any pics?

keyser

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011

Did you have to pay any taxes or customs? I am thinking about ordering on the US Site for delivery to Germany. How much did you pay for the FedEx Priority?

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK

When did you order them?

mushed

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
North East England.
I haven't taken the satin out of the box yet (put the regular candyshell on) but leave that with me and I'll get back to you with pics and thoughts later today.

Fed ex priority I was charged $18.16 (roughly £11.25 according to XE) and didn't appear to get charged for anything other than delivery & cases.

And I ordered Friday afternoon arrived Tuesday morning.

Hope that's helpful :p

Edit: Just tried it on the phone doesn't feel too bulky, there is a bit of bulk but only from what expect from candyshells feels quite smooth with a little grippy-ness but not that slight slipery feel like the glossy candyshell feels quite nice.

Photo's taken with iPad so they aren't the best quality but you get a good idea :) :

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174-2.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

and the purple if anyone is interested:
IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Doesn't appear to be any scuffing/scratching (not that I expected any) to the black iPhone so thats a good plus :)

Last edited:

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I haven't taken the satin out of the box yet (put the regular candyshell on) but leave that with me and I'll get back to you with pics and thoughts later today.

Fed ex priority I was charged $18.16 (roughly £11.25 according to XE) and didn't appear to get charged for anything other than delivery & cases.

And I ordered Friday afternoon arrived Tuesday morning.

Hope that's helpful :p

Edit: Just tried it on the phone doesn't feel too bulky, there is a bit of bulk but only from what expect from candyshells feels quite smooth with a little grippy-ness but not that slight slipery feel like the glossy candyshell feels quite nice.

Photo's taken with iPad so they aren't the best quality but you get a good idea :) :

and the purple if anyone is interested:

Doesn't appear to be any scuffing/scratching (not that I expected any) to the black iPhone so thats a good plus :)

Is there much give in the area around the headphone connector?

I'm worried it will be too thick for my Beats with the right-angled connector!

Pjstock42

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Couldn't pick this up today because the headphone cutout is too small for the angled connector found on Beats headphones. It's too bad because I really like the look of this case.

taylord22

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Couldn't pick this up today because the headphone cutout is too small for the angled connector found on Beats headphones. It's too bad because I really like the look of this case.

Do you think a large straight pin connector will work?

duheb

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Satin

I'm also intrigued by the "Satin" version of the Candyshell which has a soft touch back which is supposed to be far more grippy and resistant to scratching. Anyone give this one a go?

I ordered the satin black and slade, expect it to come in tomorrow.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
If we could get some pics of the satin and glossy side-by-side that would be amazing. Does the satin feel like the matte finishes on logitech mice? Not sure I really like that feel.

Or is it just matte plastic? Anything comparable material wise that i could compare it to? Thanks!

mushed

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
North East England.
If we could get some pics of the satin and glossy side-by-side that would be amazing. Does the satin feel like the matte finishes on logitech mice? Not sure I really like that feel.

Or is it just matte plastic? Anything comparable material wise that i could compare it to? Thanks!

Yeah I'll try and get that done today. It feels slightly rubberised is the best way I can describe it, I'm only a casual buyer so my descriptions won't be great haha.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm being nit-picky here, but has anyone using this (particularly the Grip version) noticed that the top left corner shows a very tiny sliver of the phone band? It's only really noticeable if you have the white version. Not worth returning the thing over, just curious.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011

yeah this is my issue with the Otterbox Defender

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
i got the black and blue trim one at target a few days ago. its getting returned. After really gentle use the last few days the thing is so scratched/scuffed up its hideous, and I baby my phone.
This is the deal with the Speck Candy Shell. Not that it is a huge deal because it does it's job in protecting the phone, but the case will be ugly within a week.

If you don't care about the aesthetics of the case, then don't worry about it because the case will do it's job. It will just look hideous while doing it.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Try the candy shell grip :). I got a purple and black one, and it has rubber inlays, so the scratch able parts of the back never touch anything. It feels really awesome and fits like a glove.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.