Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
i particularly love how its so futuristic but still carries that freakin stupid home button ^^

Don't knock the home button. I've got a Samsung phone with those stupid capacitive buttons along the bottom of the screen, and if an app locks up or is running poorly, my only recourse is to restart the whole phone (or wait it out). With a physical button, I'm not dependent on the buttons being recognized and I can force quit the app. Plus, it simply looks and feels nicer.

jW

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
First we have to end hunger. When no child goes to bed hungry in the world, we can start looking at iOS 6 battery life.

If you're going to focus on one thing at a time, get your priorities straight.

If you really want to get priorities straight, maybe the benefits of abstinence should be promoted. If you can't afford to feed your kids, why should the rest of the world have to worry about keeping them from going to bed hungry? Sorry, maybe I am a cold-hearted ass, but fixing world hunger isn't my problem. The population is exploding and when people are pretty much stacked on top of each other in massively poor and overcrowded areas, I can't possibly see it being a good idea to procreate if you can barely sustain yourself, and then expect others to help your situation.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
If you really want to get priorities straight, maybe the benefits of abstinence should be promoted. If you can't afford to feed your kids, why should the rest of the world have to worry about keeping them from going to bed hungry? Sorry, maybe I am a cold-hearted ass, but fixing world hunger isn't my problem. The population is exploding and when people are pretty much stacked on top of each other in massively poor and overcrowded areas, I can't possibly see it being a good idea to procreate if you can barely sustain yourself, and then expect others to help your situation.

Well my battery life is actually better under iOS6. What really bothers me is how dang flat and inflexible my screen is.

----------

I.. dont want to hear any iMac news.. as I just bought one... :(

I have had the cart open a few times :)

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Perhaps Apple should concentrate on getting items out of the factories without scuffs and faults etc before they move onto something this elaborate!

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Now we're getting somewhere!

1. Promote abstinence
  2. Feed the world
  3. Fix iOS 6 battery-life issues
  4. Develop phones with flexible displays

Sounds like a game plan.

----------

Well my battery life is actually better under iOS6. What really bothers me is how dang flat and inflexible my screen is.
Flat screens. So 2007.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I didn't know you could patent etch-a-sketch drawings. :eek:

Is Apple just filing patents for future Samsung fodder?

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Speaker holes on a touchscreen that you rub your fingers all over? Sounds like a BAD idea to me... oil and dirt would clog them up very quickly, I think.

yeah? so where's your engineering degree from? what labs do you work in?

or are you just some dude on the internet w/ no relevant data?

----------

i particularly love how its so futuristic but still carries that freakin stupid home button ^^

i really enjoy the tactile home button and the fact that it's always-on -- cant be screwed up.

you know, like physical light switches. i bet you use those a dozen times a day, huh?

----------

huh? why are you linking abstinence to preventing unwanted children? thats silly. to prevent unwanted children all you need is easy access to birth control. thats much more reasonable than asking sexually mature and active adults to stop engaging in perfectly normal human behavior. sex is good for you.

----------

Now we're getting somewhere!

1. Promote birth control
  2. Feed the world
  3. Fix iOS 6 battery-life issues
  4. Develop phones with flexible displays

...there i fixed it for you.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
yeah? so where's your engineering degree from? what labs do you work in?

or are you just some dude on the internet w/ no relevant data?

----------

i really enjoy the tactile home button and the fact that it's always-on -- cant be screwed up.

you know, like physical light switches. i bet you use those a dozen times a day, huh?

----------

huh? why are you linking abstinence to preventing unwanted children? thats silly. to prevent unwanted children all you need is easy access to birth control. thats much more reasonable than asking sexually mature and active adults to stop engaging in perfectly normal human behavior. sex is good for you.

----------

...there i fixed it for you.

Looks like we have a new number 1. First we must determine the best method to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Then we can get around to fixing my phone. This rigid display is defective by design.

goten11756

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
Don't knock the home button. I've got a Samsung phone with those stupid capacitive buttons along the bottom of the screen, and if an app locks up or is running poorly, my only recourse is to restart the whole phone (or wait it out). With a physical button, I'm not dependent on the buttons being recognized and I can force quit the app. Plus, it simply looks and feels nicer.

jW

Some people do not understand how to use the "back" and "home" button... They are recognized by the OS, not the app...*facepalm*

magriver

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
Waterproof

I really hope this is bringing us closer to a waterproof cell? Mic and speaker is really the key there.

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
"Apple Researching Flexible iPhone Displays with Under-Surface Speakers, Tactile Feedback, Laser Microphones "

And sharks with fricken' laser beams attached to their heads!

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
September 2013:

Apple has announced the new iPhone 6. This is phone is completely flexible and water proof! Phill Schiller and Tim Cook climb into a water tank and play underwater hand-ball with their phone. They climb out of the water and call each other by accessing Siri using telepathy.

Here are the headlines we would see:

Engadget: iPhone 6 Disappoints
BGR: iPhone 6 is Boring
AI: Analysts Concerned with Apple's Ability to Innovate
MacRumors: Does the iPhone 6 Disappoint?
Android Police: iPhone still trying to catch Android.

goten11756

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
So in the case he described, you are saying the App locked up the whole OS?

Good to know. *faceplam* indeed.

Please re-read quotes before replying and implying. Thank you.

P.S. Authorized apps from app store do not "lock up" the entire OS in such a manner as described. #endfreehint

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.