Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Wow. I understand why water would be damaging to an iPhone, what I didn't know was that lasers where damaging too. I mean if you are going to the extremes of pointing concentrated laser beam, any devices would break.

Talk about stress testing.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
this+is+the+quot+you+don+t+say+quot+face+_d3d47eea8a14bd3a870bef4ef7e56686.jpg

playsontheleft

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
I'm not sure what worries me more - the amount of pleasure that this guy gets out of, uh, "torturing" an iPhone or the fact that it is apparently news that water can indeed ruin an electronic device.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
6 W? are they stupid?? how does that represent a typical accident in a consumer world :confused::confused:
they should focus that on their eyes so that their brains get cooked! ;)

Anikek

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
Lol, I can't even get my iPhone 5 that I pre-ordered and these guys are destroying theirs!

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Now that they've already broken it, they should see if it's bullet proof. It would be nice to know that if I had iPhone5 in my pocket and some gangsta shot me in my pocket, I wouldn't die.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Now that they've already broken it, they should see if it's bullet proof. It would be nice to know that if I had iPhone5 in my pocket and some gangsta shot me in my pocket, I wouldn't die.

done.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
While this is kind of a no brainer, it's cool to see how it held up. If you look the screen was actually still turning on after the lasers had their way with it. I think they could have given the iPhone more of a chance with the water, especially if they waited longer. This is really good considering most iPhone's are submerged for less than 15 seconds and when the owner takes the phone out of the water they're more likely to turn it off right away than see if it still works. : P

Absolute lie. It's not written in this blog so it's untrue.

Fact: A laser is also more harmful to the Samsung Galaxy.

:)

I'm also sure it wouldn't handle being in water as well.

MioPomo

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Oakland, CA
Really does not make me want to buy their flashlight. I can't be the only one who will temporarily put a flashlight that is turned on face down on a table, why would I want something that would set said table on fire!? Heat in lighting = inefficiency, that thing much eat batteries in addition to being a fire hazard.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I'm just curious as to who wasted an upgrade with their mobile carrier to buy an iphone to destroy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.